Lucas my frap! (7)

You know, someone holding a gun up to you really changes the way you look at them.

When his eyes fixed on me and he aimed, time stopped.

How was he so good at this? How many times had he done this before?

Thumping echoed in my ears and I couldn't tell if it was the cold wind rushing against them or my panicked heartbeat.

I wondered in that split second if he would shoot me, if the little I had learnt about him had all just been a lie.

But as he lowered his gun and walked towards me relief gushed out of me, although it was short-lived.

A second later bullets came flying out from above the fence and behind them, men with guns popping their heads out shooting at me and Lucas. He ran to me and grabbed me by the arm, wrapping his hand firmly around my wrist, sending electricity through me before starting to run, dragging me with him though I slowed him down a lot.

And so, here we were, running for our lives and now that you're all caught up, and you're no longer wondering how I got in this situation, you probably want to know what happens next, huh?

He was leading me griping one arm and in my other, my beautiful Choco-chip frap was splashing around and spilling out of the small hole at the top where the straw was.

"Lucas my frap!" I whined.

He rolled his eyes and huffed before grabbing the frap out of my hand with his free hand, turning around while still running and lobbing it behind us at the guys chasing us.

They ran to the side and dodged it.

NOOO! MY FRAP! THAT MONSTER!!! HOW COOULLDDD HEEEE!!!

"Not a problem anymore," He smirked.

I never knew how fast he was but he was way too fast for me to keep up with him. We ran as fast as our feet would carry us while bullets shot past us bouncing on the harsh ground. For a moment everything was in slow motion. My hair was pushed back by the friction of the wind against me. I felt the heat of bullets as they barely missed me and the metallic tang they left behind.

Lucas's pulled me along, holding onto me like a toy he was scared would break if he pulled too hard. The wind rushed through his hair too along with his top pushing it against his chest.

I looked behind me and the two men were now chasing us and shooting at us with smaller guns, their heavy legs thudding against the wet shiny concrete path, sending droplets into the air with them. They were both dressed in black so all their features were unrecognizable.

But as my breath grew heavy and my feet fell weak with each rushed step the realization of what was actually happening hit me.

Omg, I'm going to die. I'm going to die. There were so many things I wanted to do, I wanted to go to Disney land, go to university, move out and get a dog or a bird. Work with animals, maybe become a vet, or do animal rescue but now...

I shut my eyes, Lucas was guiding me anyway. Focusing on each hurried step I took, pushing my legs faster and further even when they begged me to stop, even though I was worn out and I felt my sweat drop to the floor, I forced myself to think of my mum, the anger she built inside of me that I could never realize. It fueled me like gas in a tank and I was finally keeping up with Lucas.

It was something my father had taught me in my younger years. To block out everything else and focus on the most important part of survival no matter what that was and to use the things that work against you in your favor, to let them fuel you, otherwise, they control you.