See ya barbs. (20)

Leo only looked back at me once they had left.

"You guys sure seem friendly." He raised his eyebrow.

"Heh, I don't know how to answer that," I mumbled nervously.

"Hmm." He nodded staring me down, He knew something wasn't right.

Time to dash.

"Oh well! Would you look at the time, I gotta get home looks like my friend isn't coming. See ya." I smiled quickly before trying to make my escape but he grabbed my arm.

"At least let me take you home," He said, I didn't know whether he was trying to be nice or trying to get information out of me, either way, he couldn't take me home then he would see I live with Lucas and that would only course more questions.

"Na it's okay I have my car with me," I said smiling as nicely as I could before quickly rushing off to find Lucas.

I searched around the back of the school for a bit since he's wasn't at his car and finally find him playing basketball on the court.

He was dribbling the ball in his right hand running across the court dodging Max and Jack.

They were all topless, showing off their arms that were bulk with muscle and the abs on their chests. Their skin was shining from the light of the sun and they were all out of breath and pretty sweaty.

I stood there watching from a distance as Lucas Jumped past Max and pushed the ball into the hoop grabbing onto the edge of it and swinging as the ball went through.

All of a sudden Hunter suddenly yelled. "YESSS. Loossseerrrsss."At the top of his lungs before leaping at Lucas and they did that bro hug thingy.

"Eh, we all know that was a lucky shot," Max yelled running up to Lucas giving him a bro hug.

"Tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself." Lucas put his hand on Max's shoulder with a smirk. His massive muscle on full display.

Wow...

"You drolling Jess?" Hunter laughed his curly ginger hair a little damp too but still shining in the sunlight. Shaking his head as he grabbed his top from the bench near the court.

I mindlessly touched my mouth to see if I was and thankfully not. Just because Lucas is good looking does not mean he can treat me like dirt. I snapped out of whatever horrible trance I was in.

"Keep dreaming pretty boy," I rolled my eyes.

"Awww you think I'm pretty?" Hunter teased shoving his black tank top over his chest. Not that it covered much. It only stopped showing when he put his Jacket over the top. But now I had seen his bare chest I realized that you could see the outline of his abs through all his clothes.

Maybe I should get abs.

I felt my cheeks get hot and I knew I was blushing. I quickly looked away so he couldn't see.

"No! Of course, n-ot! Get over yourself!" I stuttered.

He laughed and didn't say anything else he just walked up to me ruffling my hair and walked away.

I looked over to Lucas who was purposely acting like he hadn't seen me yet though there was no way he didn't as everyone started greeting me well, apart from Jack he just gave me his usual glare.

You know what I've had enough of this! I'm not putting up with Lucas treating me like this.

I stamped up to Lucas's shirtless self and stood right in front of him, the problem is I'm quite a bit smaller them him so my exact eyeline was his set of abs, And his torn up scar that trailed down his chest, it reminded me of what he had said, how he had been slashed open my Gray Achilles, which didn't help with the whole angry at him thing and to make things worse I was so close I could smell it again, that familiar yet new scent, burning wood and the forest.