With Leo? (46)

From the corner of my eye I saw Lucas at the edge of the cafeteria next to the door, he nodded his head telling me to come before going back through the doors outside.

"Hey, I gotta go-"

"Text me your apartment address I'll come over at 5 to get ready for the party." She instructed and I nodded with a smile before scuttering off out of the cafeteria.

Were I found Lucas and the guys and then I noticed, max, Jacob and Jack weren't there and my heart sank.

They were sat on the same table they were the day I walked up to them the last time, though the mood was a little less carefree and light, and I couldn't tell if it was just me or if they saw through me but I felt like the air around me was as thick as snow, surrounding me, swallowing me up.

I'd never seen anyone but them sit on that table, no one else dared.

Lucas's eyes met mine as I slowed my pace walking towards them, and I found comfort in them, even though this situation wasn't familiar his deep forest eyes were.

And he took a heavy breath before standing up and passing towards me, coming close to me with a smile that flashed his dimples.

And then his hand met my waist pulling me towards him with a smirk, his touch instantly sending a thrilling rush through me again.

Burning wood filled my senses as suddenly his lips hung over mine, making my breath shallow, my stomach hot, skin burning.

And then his lips met mine, soft, then a little deeper, harsher, before he quickly pulled away, resting his head against mine. "I missed you." He chuckled deeply.

"You did?" I stutter, flushed, honestly a little surprised. This was very unLucas like.

Whatever was going on between us clearly he wanted the guys to know, or maybe they already knew, whatever the case, they certainly did now, as his hand went to my back and he pulled me along to the table I checked to see if anyone else had seen and I was relieved to find no one else around.

Not that I was ashamed, I just couldn't stand any more rumours.

The guys moved up and he sat down pulling me down to sit next to him.

"What are you doing later?" He asked. Everyone's eyes were on me. It felt weird being so squidged and close to the guys like this.

"Oh Leo invited me to a house party and Em is forcing me to go so." I shrugged.

Just like that everyone in the group stiffened up. Lucas the most. I saw his jaw tighten and he swallowed.

"But I mean it's only because Em wants to go." I swallow and Lucas nods silently, smiling weakly trying to convince me that was fine, but his eyes told me he was lying.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I mumbled to Lucas and he nodded. His eyes were certain. He took my hand gently and led me to behind the cafeteria like he did when I asked him out. It brought back memories that made me tingle and when I realised how careful and kind he was with me now it made my heart flutter.

This time he didn't have his arm against the wall. He has his back to it. He looked a little hurt, worried, and I had a sick feeling I knew why.

"What's going on Jess." He said looking down at the floor.

"With Leo?" I asked.

He didn't answer he didn't even move. The only thing I saw change was the look in his eyes. Hurt was turning to anger, even if he wasn't looking at me I could still see it.

"Nothing," I mumbled and his eyes shot up instantly meeting mine as he rose an eyebrow, we both knew he didn't believe me.

"I mean he tried to kiss me again but I turned him down."