Chapter 01

Y/n= your name
Y/f/n = your full name
Y/l/n= your last name

1924
You rushed into the cobblestone castle with you sword drawn, ready for battle. You had crossed the haunted forest and the dark water to reach it. Upon entering the castle your gaze meets the eyes of a large scaly creature before you.

"I will slay you, dragon and save the Princess!" You cheer, running across the courtyard to reach the Princess, locked in her room. You kicked the door down to be met with a beautiful blond haired girl, wearing a long red gown. "Now fair maiden, I will cut off the dragons head!" You declare, swinging your sword as you fight the dragon blocking your escape.

Just as you are about to deliver the final blow, your sword is stollen from your hands. Turning around, you face one of your best friends, laughing as he holds the cardboard sword above his head.

"Give it back!" you try to jump up and reach it but he just holds it higher above his head, out of your reach.

"Come on, Buck" Steve stands up for you.

"Come on, take it" Bucky taunts with a smirk.

"Bucky give it to me!" You shout as he swings it in your face to taunt you. Just as you jump to get it he lifts it over his head again and you end up jumping into the young boy, falling on top of him as you both crumble to the ground. You take this as your chance to get the sword back until you hear the worst thing a child could ever hear, freezing in place.

"Y/f/n!" Your mother calls out, stomping towards you in a hurry. "You'll be the death of me y/n y/l/n" she scolds, pulling you up to a standing position as Bucky gets up on his own, dusting his pants off.

"We should leave" Steve tries to pull Bucky away as the brunette stands, laughing while your mother rubs the dirt off your cheek.

"Where's my blasted handkerchief?" Your mother calls out with a sigh as she pats herself trying to find the piece of cloth.  You look to the brown haired boy, laughing at you making you giggle as well while you stick your tongue out at him. "Oh go on, have a laugh, but one of these days your going to have to start behaving like a lady" she scolds with her hands on her hips. "Now, you kids are going to the park?"

"Yes ma'am" Steve replied as you and Bucky continued to laugh

"Yes ma'am" Steve replied as you and Bucky continued to laugh. Steve was always the polite one, making friends with every mother in Brooklyn, but always getting beat up by the big boys.

"Have fun and be back by sundown"

"Let's go!" You cheered, grabbing both boys hands and dragging them along as your mother sighs and shakes her head.

~~~

"Elizebeth, y/n!" Mrs Barnes called up to you.

"One moment mother!" Elizabeth called back as she tied your hair half up half down.  Your family was going out to a carnival with Steve and Bucky's family's for the evening and you had been waiting for it for weeks.