Chapter 35

"This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said, "Peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility." See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues." Fury told you all as you sat around a table, looking at a photo of Pierce that Fury held up.

"We have to stop the launch

"We have to stop the launch." Natasha stated.

"I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore." He opens a case to reveal three computer chips.

"What's that?" Sam questions.

"Once the Helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites becoming fully weaponized." Hill explains to the group.

"We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own."

"One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remains operational a whole lot of people are gonna die." Hill continued again after Fury.

"We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is HYDRA. We need to get past them, insert the server blades, and maybe, just maybe, we can salvage what's left..." Fury starts only to be cut of by the captain himself.

"We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick, we're taking down SHIELD."

"SHIELD had nothing to do with it."

"You gave me this mission, this is how it ends. SHIELD's been compromised, you said so yourself. HYDRA grew right under your nose and nobody noticed."

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed." Fury sassed.

"And how many paid the price before you did?" Steve angers again.

"Look, I didn't know about Barnes." Fury saying his name caused you to pull out of your thoughts and look at the two men arguing before you.

"Even if you have, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalized that too? SHIELD, HYDRA, it all goes." Steve argues.

"He's right." You agree. Fury looks to the others to see their thoughts.

"Don't look at me. I do what he does, just slower." Sam raises his hands in defence.