Chapter 29

"Is he gonna make it?" Natasha rushed into the room as you watched Fury's operation on the other side of the glass.

"I don't know

"I don't know." Steve responds.

"Tell me about the shooter." Nat demands.

"He's fast and strong. Had a metal arm." You keep your mouth shut as Steve explains and Maria joins next to Natasha.

"Ballistics?"

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." The brunette answered.

"Soviet-made." The red head stated.

"Yeah." Hill agrees when suddenly a panicked state takes over the room.

"He's in V-tach!" A nurse shouts.

"Crash cart coming in." Another nurse called out.

"Nurse, help me with the drape." A doctor ordered.

"BP is dropping."

"Defibrillator!" You all watch it shock as Fury is dying in front of you.

"I want you to charge him at one hundred."

"Don't do this to me, Nick." The black widow chokes out.

"Stand back! Three, two, one

"Stand back! Three, two, one. Clear!" The defibrillator shocks the man on the table.

"Pulse?"

"No pulse."

"Okay. 200, please. Stand back! Three, two, one. Clear!" Another shock goes through him.

"Give me epinephrine! Pulse?"

"Negative."

"Don't do this to me, Nick. Don't do this to me." Nat repeats as you watch in silence. You watch as another person dies at the hands of the winter soldier, your best friend. Steve turns towards the door as they call his time of death.

"What's the time?"

"1:03, Doctor."

"Time of death, 1:03 a.m." at those words Steve looks at the flash drive in his hand before leaving.