Chapter 80

"How you doing?" Sam turned to you and Grace.

"Well, we are gonna survive" you smiled over at Bucky as he helped you walk. "Nice job, Cap." You tell him with honesty.

"Thanks."

"Uh, Cap?" A man questions as you are walking away.

"I think he's talking to you." You nod over.

"I'm gonna go deal with that then" he turned. "You heal up, alright miss speedy?" Sam tells you, throwing in the nickname he gave you when you had first met.

"All right, look, can we get out of here, please?" Bucky asked, ushering his two favourite girls away from the red and blue lights and cameras. A moment after you started walking away Grace looked up and pointed with a large smile.

"Look, it's Uncle Sam!" She calls out with excitement as Sam flies overhead.

"Yeah it is" Bucky laughed, picking up the girl in one arm as his other stayed around your waist

"Are we going home now?" Grace looked over to you.

"Yeah, uh I'll need to set up the couch for myself, you can sleep in my bed until we get this all sorted out" you tell the young child.

"Really? Come on, your coming to my place"

"Bucky I don't—" you started but he cut you off.

"There's no way I'm letting you go back to your place with a bullet wound and a child and have you sleep on the couch." You just sigh and lean your head onto his shoulder.

"Thank you Bucky"

"Thanks Buck!" Grace cheers as you both laugh.

~~~

"Have you been sleeping on the floor?" You question the man as you enter his house to find a blanket and pillow on his living room floor.

"Uh sorry about the mess" he picks up the blanket and pillow, throwing it into a closet.

"It's cleaner than that place you lived in when we found you in Romania" you tell him, remembering the events that lead to the avengers fall out. "Let's get you to bed little missy" you start waking away from Bucky with the girl as you make your way to the stairs. Grace starts up as you move to follow but you let out a groan in pain, doubling over as you took the first step.

"Mommy?" She looked down to see your state.

"I'm okay, I'm okay" you move to take another step when Bucky's hand holds your shoulder.

"May I?" He offers you his hand. You nod and step down with his help before he picks you up, one arm bracing your back and the other under your knees.

"I could have walked up by myself"

"No you couldn't, just let me help you" he pleads.

"Fine" you sigh as he sets you down at the top of the stairs.