Chapter 55

"You guys didn't order the usual, huh? Feeling a little adventurous?" The waitress questioned the duo.

"You should ask her out." Yori leaned over to his friend. Bucky frantically shook his head in disagreement. "What, you got a girlfriend I don't know about?" The man asked Bucky.

"No" Bucky shook his head regretfully before snapping up at the mans next words, but they weren't to him.

"He would like to take you out on a date. Maybe to bingo or a night of pinochle?" He leaned towards the waitress this time as she stood on the other side of the bar.

 Maybe to bingo or a night of pinochle?" He leaned towards the waitress this time as she stood on the other side of the bar

"I'm really sorry about him." Bucky interjected.

"Why are you sorry? I'm game." She told him.

"Wow."

"Tomorrow night, then?" Yori asked, setting the two up for a date.

"Tomorrow night's great. Just maybe not pinochle." She laughs lightly.

"What's wrong with pinochle?"

"Yeah. I have a shift, but if you wanna come back here, I should be done around 10:00." She walked away, ignoring the previous question from the secret super soldier.

"I can't believe you did that. It's a dance to these things, you can't—You gotta warm up and I haven't danced since 1943 it feels like." Bucky takes a drink before noting the unusual quietness of the man. "What's wrong?"

Yori begins to speak in Japanese about his son before turning to English to elaborate for the man beside him.

"He had a job with a consulting company. And, uh, he was working abroad and he was killed. The police said "Wrong place, wrong time", but I will never know what really happened to him. I felt it was strange, in here." He explained with a pat to his heart as Bucky sunk his head low.

~~~

"I can't believe I'm really doing this" Bucky sighed before he opened the door to the returning, flowers in hand.

"Well, if that's not the most adorably old-fashioned thing anyone's ever done." The waitress accepts the flowers Bucky offers with a laugh.

"Grab a seat, I'll be done in a few."She walks off to the back to finish up.

"Okay."

"So, have you dated much since half the fish in the sea came back?" She sat down across from him.

"Not really. There was this girl for a while but I havent seen her in what feels like forever." He explains, thinking of how you both went your separate ways.

"What was she like?"

"She was adventurous, determined and incredible in almost every way" he smiles at the thought. "I mean, I don't even remember how to date, it's all just weird" he takes a drink as he finishes his sentence.