Chapter 77

"Time to say goodbye Grace!" I called out through Sam's house as the little girl comes running into the room.

"Bye, Uncle Sam!" She hugged his leg as he swooped down to pick her up in a hug.

"Bye kid" he smiled. "Now you take care of y/n for me" she gave him a nod and he set her down.

"Call me when you get a new lead" I hug him before stepping back to pick up our bags.

"Hey y/n, take it easy" he smiled.

"Thanks Sam, I'll see you soon" with that you left the house with Grace.

~~~

"Okay Grace, make yourself at home. I'm gonna get you a snack and then it's bedtime" you tell the young girl as you open the door to your apartment and lead her inside. As you were in the kitchen cutting up some apple slices for the little girl, your attention was pulled to the news on the tv.

"In New York, where the GRC is voting on the controversial Patch Act, which would move upwards of twenty million refugees back home to their countries of origin. It's coming during these difficult times of international politics." The news lady announces.

"Here you go!" You call as she rushes in and take the plate, sitting on the stool next to you. "Hey Sam, miss me already?" You joke as you answer the phone, still watching the television intently.

 "Hey Sam, miss me already?" You joke as you answer the phone, still watching the television intently

"Y/n we have a mission, at the GRC vote. I have reason to believe that Karli and the flag smashers are going to attack there" Sam reports. "I need you to call Bucky and meet me there"

"Got it, I'll see you then" you hang up the phone and turn to the girl wearing a worried look as her blue eyes read you. "I gotta go to work okay? But I'll be right back and you're gonna have so much fun with Sarah and the boys" you grab her bag again and change into your suit before meeting a friend from shield outside. "Get her to Sarah Wilson" you order the Agent before bending down to Grace's hight.

"Are you leaving me?" Her blue eyes started to tear up. You immediately pulled her in tightly for a hug.

"No, no I would never leave you, I just have something I need to do so that you can be safe" you promise her, pulling back and holding her face in your hands.

"What about Bucky?"

"What about him?" You question her.

"Is he coming back with you?"

"I don't know but I'll tell him you said hi, now I need to go. Remember I love you okay?" You wave as she gets in the car and you run off down the street. "Buck we have a lead, meet us outside the GRC vote, now!" You urge as you call into your phone.

"Are you going to be there? What about Grace?" He worried through the phone.

"She's going back with Sarah, it'll be fine" you tell him, trying to convince yourself as well.