Three

Hazel Torres

I watched as the man in front of me sat across the table.

"What brings you here Mr. Brown." I rolled off my tongue.

"The Alliance. I'm sure you've heard of my father, Elias Brown." He began to speak.

"I know you need some of our weapons, and we need some of yours. I think it's safe to say we already have a deal. Don't you think beautiful?" He tried to charm me.

"I think this is the right time to tell you I'm in a healthy relationship and I don't have any intentions with you Mr. Brown." I pissed him off by thickening my accent.

He was speechless. I loved shattering his ego. He tried his best to brush it off, but I knew he was embarrassed.

"Moving on, what kind of alliance are you talking about?" I leaned closer to the table.

He looked at me, not breaking eye contact.

"How are you a mafia leader. Aren't men only allowed." He completely ignored my question.

"Since you wanna talk so much about me, why don't you ask my assistant, he's outside on the marble desk." I tilted my head.

He sighed and finally answered me. "Protect each other and use each other's weapons, members and weekly business meetings. That's the alliance we want."

I raised my eyebrow and kept a blank face.

"I was the oldest child of my siblings." I told him after a short silence.

"Pardon?" He didn't catch on.

"You asked how I became a mafia leader, didn't you?" I twisted his words.

He sighed and nodded, letting me know that I could keep talking.

"My father passed away, he was still trying for a son. I was the oldest other than my mother. So I took the old family business. I have 2 other siblings, but they're younger." I told him.

"Oh, I'm sorry about your father." He apologized.

I was shocked at how respectful he was being, but I didn't show it.

"Don't worry about it. And about the alliance, I think we have a deal." I stood up, extending my arm for a handshake.

He stood up, fixed his suit and shook my hand.

"Pleasure doing business with you Mr. Brown." My British accent showed a little more.

He gave me a soft smile and unhooked our hand. "Say, I wanna make a bet." He caught my attention.

"A bet?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Are you scared, Mrs. Torres." He teased me with my own words.

"I'm never scared for a little bet, Mr. Brown." I leaned further on the table.

"A fight, the one who wins is known as the strongest." He bit his bottom lip, supposing to be sexy.

I gave him a little smirk before answering. "My gym, tomorrow. I hope you're prepared." I seethed.

"I'll be there." He smirked before making his grand exit.

Slamming the door behind him, I let out a big sigh I never knew was in me. This guy was getting in my nerves.

"Kevan, get the car ready." I called my assistant from the phone attached to my wall.

"Yes ma'am." He clicked the phone off and dialled another number.

I'm gonna show Luca Brown what he just did. Oh how amazing I would feel if I won.

"Ma'am, the car is ready." A bodyguard came in. Amazing how fast I could get whatever I want by just one phone call.

"Thank you, I'll be out in a minute." I gave him a smile as he walked out.

I grabbed my punching gloves and tied them around my waist. If I was going to beat Luca, I had to at least practice.

I grabbed a couple files on my desk and walked out with them.

"Kevan, put this in my office desk please." I passed Kevan the files.

"Got it." He chewed his gum and rolled around in his chair. I would consider Kevan as a friend more than an assistant.

As I was walking out, he called out my name.

"Hazel, he's insanely attractive, just admit that." Kevan read my mind.

"No." I yelled at him in a playfully manor and rushed out. "Okayyyy." He shouted, not sounding convinced.

"Ma'am, the car is parked up front." One of my bodyguards caught up beside me and pointed to the direction of my car.

"Thanks." I patted his back and jogged over to it.

"Where are we heading today madam." My driver opened the car door and asked me professionally.

"The gym, thank you Maurice." I hopped in and buckled my seatbelt.

"On it." He drove off to the direction of the gym. "Maurice, have you seen Chris today?" I asked out if curiosity.

"No madam, he's still cooped up in his work. I'll let you know the second I hear from him." Maurice reassured me.

Chris was my boyfriend, the guy I was in a healthy relationship with. He's been so caught up with work, I barely had time to see him. It's kinda sad to be honest.

"Music?" Maurice turned to me to see if I agreed with him.

I nodded and rested my head on the car seat. "Music it is." Maurice turned up the volume slightly.

Soft music echoed as I thought of punching that stupid face of Luca's.

"Madam, we've arrived." Maurice pulled me from my thoughts. I hadn't realized how long I was imagining.

"Thank you." I nodded as I hopped out the car. "Take care madam." Maurice drove off with a smile.

I smiled at how I was being treated by my workers, I thought of all of them as friends.

Walking in the gym, a couple of my men followed behind.

I unwrapped my punching gloves from my waist and placed them on my hands. "Stand back." I warned my men as I lunged at the punching bag.

Punching the bag, men from all over the place stared in awe.

A lady, punching like a man? Interesting.

I lost control while punching too hard, making the bag explode with leaves falling everywhere.

"Oh dear." I looked around to see everyone wide eyed.

"I think it's time I return home." I chuckled to one of the bodyguards who was shocked at my strength.