Five

Hazel Torres

I laid in bed, thinking about the fight today. I could easily win or lose. He seemed strong, maybe even stronger than me.

"What are you thinking about?" Chris walked in and sat beside me in my bed.

"Nothing." I whispered before kissing him.

"Okay, well, I have work today." He scratched the back of his head, guilty looking.

"Again? The fifth time this week. What do you even do all those days and nights?" I sat up, frustrated.

"Look, I'm sorry. I've been firing people left and right. So many mistakes happen and I have to be the one to fix them. Please understand." He cupped my cheek with his hands.

"What about us. We haven't had sex in over a month." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Is that why you're upset? Hazel." He sighed.

"If you want, I'll make up a date soon and we could have dinner. After that, you can have whatever sex you want, alright?" He kissed my cheek softly.

I nodded slightly and fell back onto my bed. "Okay, I'm leaving now." He hopped off the bed and walked out.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. One problem in our relationship is lying. He has no idea I'm a mafia leader. He thinks I'm an assistant and some tacky engineering workplace. I promised myself the day he proposes, I'll tell him. I just can't trust anyone yet, not even my boyfriend. Just in case we do break up, I don't want him knowing anything.

"Madam? Chris is gone. You have some business with Mr. Brown." A bodyguard knocked on my door and talked through it.

"Thank you, ill be out in a minute." I told him as I stood up and walked into my bathroom.

"You got me hooked up on the feeling, you got me hanging from the ceiling!" I heard my sister sing her guts out as she broke into my room.

"Liza. It's so early, can you not?" I crossed my arms and leaned onto the bathroom door.

"Okay, but I heard you met Luca Brown. ISN'T HE SMOKING HOT?" She jumped up and down from excitement.

"No. He's an asshole. Now get out." I snapped at her.

"Wait, he's like 27? Aren't you 24. You guys could date OH MY GOD!" She thought out loud.

"Liza." I gave her THE stare.

"Fine, but Chris is uglier than Luca." She shrugged in her way out.

I hated how everyone reminded me of that stupid asshole. His perfect facial features ruined everything. I couldn't just forget about him.

I turned in my shower as I walked back into my room, looking for something clean to wear.

I pulled out an outfit that showed my normal basic girl side. But fashionable of course.

I walked back into my shower and began undressing. The shower was warm and refreshing. I washed my hair and body while thinking of how I would treat Luca after the fight.

After a couple minutes, I turned off my shower and wrapped myself in a towel.

Once I finished drying myself, i changed into my outfit, showing I'm the boss.

I walked out my room, calling one of my bodyguards to get my car ready.

"Call Maurice, tell him to be here soon." I told one of my men. They nodded and pulled out a phone.

I walked into my kitchen and got myself some eggs for breakfast. "He's coming ma'am" the same bodyguard came from behind and told me.

"Thank you." I nodded at him.

I looked back to see my bodyguards just standing around. "You guys could grab something from the fridge when I leave." I offered them.

"It's alright, thank you ma'am." One of the men spoke for all.

"Alright." I smiled and walked into my living room. I checked my emails, texts and phone calls until Maurice came.

"Ma'am Maurice is here." A bodyguard walked in and informed me.

"Thank you boys." I thanked all of them and hopped out my house.

"Madam! You're looking extra perfect today!" Maurice opened the door and complemented me.

"Thank you Maurice." I laughed as he closed me door and ran over to the drivers seat.

"Let me guess, the office?" Maurice closed the door behind him and looked over at me. I nodded, assuring him that's where I wanna go.

He drove off once we both had our seatbelts.

After half an hour, we reached my workplace.

"Have a great day madam!" Maurice shouted as I got out the car.

"You too!" I shouted back.

I walked in to see Kevan waiting for me at my office door.

"Hello, is there a problem?" I asked.

"Hazel, before you go in, expect someone." Kevan warned me as I rattled the door.

I gave him a confused stare until I entered the room.

Fucking Brown.

"Ah, there you are. Do you usually come to work this late?" Brown walked over to me.

"What are you doing here. The fight isn't even near this time." I furrowed my eyebrows and closed the office door.

He fixed his suit and leaned into the office desk. "I want to propose a deal." He smirked.

"What deal." I raised my eyebrow and leaned on the other side.

"The fight is still on, but I wanna make another bet. One with consequences if you lose." He licked his lips and stared into my eyes.

"You hate me, don't you?" He crossed his arms.

I don't know where he was going with this, but I didn't like it.

"Yes, I do." I copied his every move, crossing my arms.

"Well then, let's see who will break first." He smiled.

I raised my eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

"A sex bet. If I get you to have sex with me, you have to leave the city. Go be a mafia leader somewhere else. And if I don't get you to have sex with me, I leave. There's only one space for one mafia leader here. Is that a deal?" He extended his arm for a handshake.

"Sex? With you?" I laughed out loud.

"Is that a challenge. Because I will win." I giggled some more.

"Then you must have no problem doing it." He walked closer to me.

I was hesitant at first. "Is there a time limit?" I asked, leaving him with his hand out.

"I say 6 months. Half a year since you say you're so independent and strong. You can handle it, can't you?" He extends his arm further.

I took a deep breath and shook his hand.

"Deal."