Forty-two

Luca Brown

Andre and I sat in my car as we both let out a big sigh.

"I'm actually scared of Kevan." Andre whined as he buckled his seatbelt.

"Shut up, you're probably gay for him anyways." I shrugged and started the car.

"Did you guys have sex? Wait, why am I asking, you guys definitely did." Andre looked over at me.

"Andre, I swear to god if you don't shut up, I'm going to throw you out this car and make you walk behind me while I drive." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Damn sorry. Okay, but do you and Hazel want children?!" He then jumped up and asked.

"Ew no. I hate kids so fucking much. Never ever am I going to have kids. And I'm sure Hazel feels the same way." I crossed my arms.

"I would be such a good uncle, you're just annoying." Andre tested my patience some more.

"Dude, you would literally kick my child if he or she scared you by accident." I shook my head.

"Imagine you guys did have kids though. A baby Luca running around and kissing random Barbie dolls he finds on the floor." Andre burst out laughing.

"If you had kids, your child would be jerking off to Diego from the show Dora." A snapped back.

"Oh shut up and drive. Do you even know where we're going to find her?" He asked.

"Well, I know she's still in California, I checked her name in all the flights out of California these two days. I also checked if she used a fake name. She thank god didn't, that would've wasted about a day of research. I think we have some suspicion that she's in San Francisco." I started the car.

"Are we gonna drive all the way to San Francisco from Los Angeles?" Andre whined.

"You were born into the mafia, you've been through worse and this is what you whine about?!" I asked as I drove out of the parking lot.

"Well excuse you. I've gotten older and now I know how time works and that I'll get bored easily." He shrugged.

"Shut up." I told him before turning on the radio.

He pushed his seat back and closed his eyes. This bitch was gonna sleep while I was driving the whole time? No, in the middle of the road, I'm gonna pull over and make him drive the rest of the way.

-------
Hazel Torres

"Kevan, I'm tired, just let me rest before you give me a headache." I told Kevan as I covered myself with the covers.

"Hey, that's not nice. Also, you have to tell me what happened while you guys were late. Just saying." He sipped his coffee and sat back onto his chair.

"Shut up, please." I whined.

"The disrespect in this room is so loud." Kevan crossed his arms.

"You know what, I forgot to take a shower." I jumped up and walked over to the closet. I didn't have any clothes on me so I had to improvise with a hotel robe.

"So you guys definitely did something." Kevan nodded his head once and laughed.

"Dear god, by the way. Isabelle knows we were hidden in the Brown estate. She also knows who you are, do you maybe know how she found out you were with us?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Hazel, are you suggesting I'm working with her?" Kevan asked, slightly looking hurt.

"No, of course not. I'm just asking. We need to get to the bottom of this." I turned my head to face him.

"I don't know how she could find out. Maybe cameras? Did you even search the place for hidden ones?" Kevan shrugged.

"Perhaps that happened. But I'm confused, why would she not tell Elias?" I asked.

"I don't know. But doesn't it seem sketchy how she only wanted Andre and Luca?" Kevan sipped his coffee some more.

"Yeah. And she even told them she knows where we were." I frowned.

"What. Hazel, why would she tell them that. She obviously knows he would move us..." Kevan told me, concern all over his face.

"Hazel. What if she wanted to get Luca and Andre out of the city to get to us." Kevan put down his coffee.

"Holy shit Kevan. You're onto something. Search the place for cameras. NOW!" I dropped the robe on the floor and scattered to the bathroom, checking for any cameras.

Kevan did the same but in the main room.

"HAZEL! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS?!" Kevan yelled from the main room.

I ran over to him to see him standing with a alarm clock in his hand.

"Are you dumb?" I squinted my eyes.

"No, I know this is an alarm clock. But this doesn't have any batteries and it's still flashing?" He pointed to a red flashing dot.

"Out of all the places, she chose the place where we would look first." Kevan passed me the alarm clock.

"How would she know Luca would put us in this exact hotel?" Kevan fell onto the bed while I examined the camera.

"That fucking receptionist. Come to think of it, she didn't have a name tag. In fact, she was shaking a bit too much. It looked fake, but I didn't take much mind from it." I tried my hardest to remember anything else from downstairs.

"Bitch I'm so lost?" Kevan sat me down across from him.

"Okay so. There was a receptionist downstairs who was being a bitch. Luca was getting pissed from her and he put her in her place. I had just realized she was faking acting all terrified as she scanned my keycard from another room. Kevan, this place is crawling with isabelle's people." My heart beat became faster.

"Well now what. We unplugged the camera but there is a huge possibility there's a lot more. And we can't just leave, like you said, the place is crawling with isabelle's men." Kevan sighed.

I was about to speak before a loud clapping filled the room. Kevan and I shot our heads to the door to see Isabelle clapping with men of all kinds beside her.

"Congrats! You guys caught on faster than I'd imagine." She smirked evilly as Kevan and I stopped breathing for a second.

"Holy fuck." Kevan let out a long breath.

-----

Nah bc I literally surprised myself when writing this.😐