Thirty-six

Luca Brown

I stopped the car right in front of her workplace and jumped out. Andre followed behind me.

"Wait." He said before running over to a garbage can to throw up.

"NOT THE RIGHT TIME. GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" I yelled at him and rushed into her place.

I just entered the stairs instead of waiting for the stupid elevators. I didn't see Andre behind me, but I didn't care.

One thing I noticed, I couldn't see Maurice or his car anywhere. That asshole better have not taken her.

"Luca?! Why are you here. And why did you take the stairs? We literally have elevators." Her assistant greeted me the moment I rushed in.

"Where the fuck is Hazel. It's important." I furrowed my eyebrows and slammed my hands onto his desk.

"Uh, rude. And she's going somewhere to do business. Her driver picked her up like two minutes ago." Her assistant rolled his eyes.

"FUCK! Do you have a way of tracking them down?! I need it Kevan. It's no joke." I looked him in the eyes. I learned his name by the name tag on his chest.

"Calm down, and yeah, I do. I just never use it unless it's urgent." Kevan shrugged.

"Maurice is a fucking traitor. He's going to kill her if you don't track her right the fuck now." My voice got lower so that nobody could hear us.

Kevan widened his eyes and nodded. "Come to my side." He said as he rolled his chair to his computer.

I crouched beside him as he clicked his keyboard and did his stupid hacking thing.

"SERIOUSLY?! YOU LEFT ME DOWN THERE ALONE! THERE WERE TWO OLD LADYS TOUCHING MY MUSCLES, I HATE YOU!" Andre stormed in.

Kevan glanced at him and went back to typing. "You guys are some weird family." He muttered.

I rolled my eyes as Andre came and crouched beside me.

"Can you hurry up?" I nudged his arm.

"I'm going as fast as I can and you breathing down my neck surely won't help." He snapped at me while still clacking his keyboard.

I groaned loudly, making Kevan and Andre give me an annoyed stare.

"Was he dropped as a child?" Kevan asked Andre, making him break into laughter.

"I got it!" Kevan stood up and made his chair fly backwards.

"GIVE ME YOUR PHONE! I NEED TO TEXT HER TO MAKE SURE SHE'S OKAY!" Andre snatched the phone off of Kevan's desk.

"What's her number?" He asked Kevan as we both looked at how far Hazel was.

"It's saved." Kevan nodded at him

"Adventure time boys." I smirked as Andre took the phone and followed behind me.

"I'm coming too!" Kevan also followed behind me as we rushed to my car.

-----
Hazel Torres

I hopped into the car where Maurice was waiting for me.

"Hello madam! Where to today?" Maurice asked with his friendly smile.

"Just to the coffee shop near the beach. I have business there. Thank you." I smiled as we both clicked our seatbelts on.

"Of course madam." He smiled and drove off put my parking lot.

The ride was quiet. I noticed Maurice glancing at me a few times, but that was his job to make sure I was safe at all times.

I leaned back and felt the warm arm cool the car when Maurice opened the window slightly beside me.

The next thing I know, I feel a buzz in my back pocket. Someone texted me.

I pulled my phone out to see Kevan texted me.

Kevan: Get out of the car NOW! Maurice isnt who you think he is. Please get out. This is Andre texting you btw. Kevan and Luca r beside me.

I froze at the text Andre sent me and slowed my breath.

"Is everything alright madam? Who is that?" Maurice asked, trying to get a glimpse of my phone.

I shut it off and replied, not to raise suspicion.

"Everything's fine Maurice. I just want to know when we'll reach the beach. I need to use the bathroom for lady problems." That was the only excuse I could think of.

Did he actually betray me? So many thoughts were flowing through my head.

Maurice slowed down the car and stopped at a nearby gas station.

"Thanks Maurice. I'll be out in a second." I smiled and walked out. My breath was shaky and my heart was beating out my chest. I was strong enough to hurt Maurice but I was still in shock. After all of what Maurice and I shared, the memories, he betrays me?

I hid the bathroom and found my phone to text them.

Me: I'm in the bathroom right now and I'm shaking. He's literally outside and He's probably suspicious. Just hurry up wherever you guys are.

Kevan: we're coming, Luca is speeding through the streets like he's driving to save a baby or sum. Just stall as long as possible and keep yourself safe. Okay?

Me: I got it. I can fight, believe me, but I can't kill him. I won't be able to.

Kevan: no need to worry. Luca will.

I rolled my eyes and put my phone back in my pocket. I just needed a deep breath before getting back out again.

I finally had the guts to go back after like 5 minutes, maybe even more.

Maurice was on his phone when I entered the car.

"You alright madam?" He asked me as he turned the car in and started driving slowly.

"Yeah, thank you Maurice." I smiled and made it look real enough to pass as a real smile.

He drove quietly until he shocked my with his words.

"I know you know. And if you dare move, I will shoot you, without hesitation." He spoke out with an evil grin at the corner of his lips.

"Fuck you. I trusted you. I really did." My lips trembled as I moved them to show him I had nothing in my hands.

"Good, now, do whatever I say whenever I say." Maurice took out a gun and cocked it at my head. Hurry up Luca, I need you more than I've ever needed you before.

------

I'm tired😐

Anyway, I just wanna say that I'm honestly so shocked at how big this book got. Everyone who comments and votes or even takes the time to read, you will never know how much you mean to me. You will never really understand how grateful I am for you guys. This goes without saying, you guys are the actual reason I feel worthy. I love you all so fucking much.