Forty-five

Luca Brown

"Wake your ass up. We're at the gas station. Go inside and get us something." Andre woke me up from beside him.

"Dude, can't you let me rest for at least an hour?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Okay cool. Now go get us something." Andre unlocked the door beside me and handed me my visa.

"Where did you get this? I had it at all times in my pocket." I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"I was originally gonna leave you in the car and buy things for myself, but I know for a fact you would've killed me." Andre shrugged and pushed the visa into my jacket pocket.

"What do you want?" I groaned as I fixed my position.

"Biggest size of party mix chips and largest Coca Cola. Also, buy me some chicken wings if they have some." Andre licked his lips.

"Yeah, okay. Fatass." I muttered before walking out the car.

"I HEARD THAT!" Andres muffled screams were barely heard after I closed the door.

I took out the visa in my front pocket and made my way to the inside of the store.

I checked my pockets for my phone, my dumbass forgot it in the car. I wasn't gonna go back now. I just kept walking until I found the chips Andre wanted.

I got everything Andre wanted and bought myself some pop as well.

"Hi, how could I help you t-" the lady at the cashier eyed me down. Her eyes widened at the sight in front of her. I forgot about my charm for a while.

"Ahem, erm. Is that all for today?" She asked as she took the stuff from the counter.

"Yeah, thank you." I smiled at her.

She finished scanning and I paid or whatnot.

"Have a nice day!" She said as I walked out. Usually I would love the attention, but I was only Hazel's.

I smiled softly and pushed the door open. I walked over to the car to see Andre breathing slow and staring down at something.

"Andre, what's wrong?" I asked as I sat beside him in the front seat.

"Luca. Hazel sent you a video, I'm so fucking sorry." Andre passed me my phone with shaking hands.

"Andre, you're kinda scaring me." I chuckled softly and took the phone from him.

Andre took the bag of stuff and threw them in the backseat. Andre not eating right away? That's what made me scared even more.

Andre covered his face in the steering wheel as I played the video.

I felt my heart shatter in a billion pieces. My body became tense as all my senses spiked up. "I don't love you, I don't even like you." Those worlds echoed in my head, judging me from every little thing I do.

"Luca." Andre sighed and pulled me into his arms.

"Just drive." I pulled back and mumbled.

That video was too real to be fake. A million thoughts were rushing through my head. Hazel didn't love me. Nobody loved me. I was always gonna be that man whore who nobody wants. Only for sex. That's all I am. I really thought Hazel was the one. I really did.

"What if that video is fake? Think about the bright side. She only sent a video, what if you see her face to face and talk to her. I hate seeing you like this." Andre patted my back.

"Andre please." I whispered. I was this close to breaking everything in sight. My heart had taken more than it could handle. I can still feel the aching pain in my heart, begging me for love. I lost the girl I loved.

I love Hazel Torres, only to find out she never loved me.

"How do you know it's not fake?" Andre kept asking.

"She called me Mr. Brown. That's the name she used when we hated each other. When we'd just fallen in love. Well I guess that 'love' was one sided." I refused to look over at Andre. I kept my head tilted at the window.

"Luca. You're in pain, you can't deal with Isabelle, let me go alone." Andre put his hand in my shoulder.

"Can't you just give up?! I'd already lost everything, I can't lose you too! Just let me go alone, please Andre. I'm begging you." I took his hand off my shoulder and faced him.

"No. Brothers for life. I won't ever leave you alone, especially at a time like this." Andre had enough and pulled over.

"I don't care what you say. I'm here for you, and you aren't okay. I know she meant something to you. And trust me, I don't feel like all that was fake. Do you really think EVERYTHING you shared was fake?" Andre threw his hands in the air and gave me a lecture.

"Andre." I tried to make him stop.

"No, don't Andre me. You love Hazel. And she loves you. And something is seriously wrong, so we're going to drive the whole 5 hours back. Understand?!" Andre furrowed eyebrows and turned on the car.

Before I could answer him, he made an illegal U-turn and fled away from the cars beeping at him.

"You're going to March your skinny little ass into that hotel room, and tell her you love her. But before you tell her you love her, pull her into a passionate kiss and make sure to secure her body." Andre began shooting advice at me.

I let out a deep sigh and closed my eyes.

I don't believe it was all fake. Like I said, it sounded too real to be fake. Hazel really did something to me. Something nobody could ever do. She stole my heart, and broke it. She broke it right when it was finally starting to love again.

I guess I kind of deserve it. I put her through so much, and I guess she would never want a guy like me anyway. Who am I kidding, nobody would want a stupid man who sleeps with people for fun. I gotta give it to her.

She won. She finally broke me.

-------

Poor Luca Oml.

Ehhh, I'm tired, what did y'all think of poor Luca's pain🙃