Thirty-seven

Hazel Torres

Maurice pulled over, still holding the gun to my head.

"Why? Why are you doing this? I treated you with nothing but respect." I asked him with my hands raised a little bit over my head.

"You will never understand some things madam." He nudged my arm to get out. He unlocked the doors, letting me slowly open the door. Could I make a run for it?

He got out about the same moment I did. "Now, here's what we're going to do. You listen to me, and I'll try to make the death less painful." He began speaking.

I rolled my eyes and walked in front of him. The sand in the air kept getting in our eyes, since we were near the beach, there was sand flying everywhere.

"What's your plan?" I asked with a shrivelling chill down my spine.

"Well I'm going to kill you like I killed your father." He said with a slight smirk. I stopped cold and turned around.

"What?" I asked, pretending I didn't just hear the fuck he just said.

"I said, I'm going to kill you like I killed your father. You got the wrong guy in your basement. I'm not an expert Hazel, you're just a gullible little girl." He walked closer to me and cocked the gun to my head.

"Asshole." I grunted before kicking him where it hurts. He gripped his area and fell to the floor, still holding the gun.

I swooped down to steal the gun, but instead, he rolled over and took a shot. Thank god it missed me.

I jumped onto him and restrained him from shooting anymore. He grunted as I scratched his arm, the arm which was holding the gun.

He shot a couple more times, still shooting upwards and not at me.

"I don't wanna hurt your Maurice." I told him while both struggling to take the gun.

"Well I do." He laughed and kicked me off of him. I tumbled backwards and groaned as I hit a rock.

"Fuck." I whispered as he shot at me a couple me times. I quickly rolled behind the car, not letting him have the satisfaction of killing me.

"You can run, but you can't hide." He yelled.

"Really? Some tacky movie plot line. Basic at its finest." I laughed and moved the opposite direction of where he was moving.

"Hazelllll, don't be afraid, I promise to make it less painful then I had hoped." He chuckled and jumped in front of me. I kicked him in the face and grabbed his gun.

"Stupid bitch." He muttered as he pulled out another gun he had strapped to his side.

"That one has no bullets. I know your ways Hazel." He laughed and pointed the gun at me.

"Well you don't know them well enough." I giggled and pulled out a shiv I had strapped to my thigh.

Before he could answer, I threw it right at his stupid god damn face. Blood gushed out, making him fall to his knees. Blood splattered everywhere, including my shirt.

There was a huge open cut on his forehead, showing half of his brain.

I wanted to throw up, but I just walked backwards and tried my best not to look. I've killed many people, and it was worse than this, but the fact that I killed Maurice made my stomach turn.

"Ewww!" I heard a faint voice squeal from the distance. I recognized a small man, the man I saw when dropping off Luca at his place. I assume that was Andre.

The next thing I know, someone wraps their arms around me and pulls them close to their chest.

"Hazel, are you alright?" Luca turned my head to face him, pulling me out of a deep thought.

I was silent for a few moments. All the fighting and secrets finally got into my head.

"Luca. I killed him." The shock stunned me, making tears spill down my face.

He gave me a slight smile and hugged me tight. "It was self defence. He betrayed you anyway. Don't be upset."

"He killed my father." I cried in his chest. I might seem weak for that, but I know Luca wouldn't think of me as weak.

"Maurice?" Kevan showed up from behind Luca and asked with a mouth wide open.

"Yeah dumbass." Andre nudged his arm.

"But I thought- isn't there someone in your basement?" Kevan asked me.

"I don't know. I'm not thinking straight right now." I sighed deeply, trying to stop the tears.

Luca moved me so he could look at me. Be brought his thumb to my cheeks and wiped my tears off.

"We should go, you can't go to this stupid meeting." Luca gave me a slight smile and nodded at me, wanting to comfort me.

I nodded softly and followed behind him as we walked to their car.

"I threw up again. Luca literally can't drive for the life of him." I heard Andre whisper to Kevan.

"I didn't need to know that but thank you I guess." Kevan answered him.

I found myself sleeping on Luca's lap while he was driving. He rested his hand on my thigh and the other one on the wheel. His cologne was very slight, but I could smell it perfectly. I felt his little heartbeat as my head rested on his chest. (Shes straddling him btw, so it's not uncomfortable)

(Holy fuck, that's so attractive. I'm a genius.)

"Are we gonna just leave the body there for kids to se when they're walking with their moms?" Andre asked while looking back to see the body once more.

"I'll make someone go and clean it. Give me my phone back." Kevan extended his arm to take the phone back.

"Here." Andre passed him the phone.

"Can you guys shut up? I have a lady trying to sleep and you guys are ruining it." Luca whispered.

Andre and Kevan apologized quietly and stayed quiet the whole ride back. I was still in shock. I couldn't just move off of Luca. He made me feel safe, and that's all I want in a man.

-----

Not me writing this right before school and listening to Chase atlantic-

Also, who's your favourite artist(s)?

Me: chase fucking Atlantic😩