Chapter One

The noise stopped and everyone's breath hitched as they stepped out of their cars. How they arrived at the same time despite staying at different houses and coming in different cars was always something everyone had wondered.

Without sparing a glance at anyone, they shut their doors and Rafael smirked at a few girls standing by their cars before sending them a wink making them smile. Afraid of saying the wrong thing, everyone had their mouth clamped, only a few murmurs been heard there and there. Alfred mentally shook his head, knowing that once they were out of sight, the rumor mill will start churning.

Getting to their lockers that were side by side, Rafael let out a low whistle when he noticed three girls walking towards them. Troy just forced a smile along with a shake of his head as they approached. A girl with dark hair dyed with some pink accompanied by two others with blond and brown hair stopped in front of Alfred.

"Oh hey Haisley" Rafael said as he raked his hair and placed his arm on Justin's shoulder which Justin shrugged off.

"Rafael" she said with a sickly sweet smile and Alfred rolled his eyes as Rafael wiggled his fingers at the one with blond hair making her smirk and roll her eyes at the same time.

"What is it, Haisley?" Alfred asked. "You have a minute to say whatever the fuck you want"

"Dont use such words on me" she said and Alfred rolled his eyes. "Anyway Your mother said you should be ready tomorrow afternoon after school cause we're going for a charity event together"  she turned the screen of her phone to him so he could see the invitation. He sighed and leaned back on the lockers, clearly frustrated.

"Why are you trying so hard to make this work? You know I don't care" he turned to her, slamming his locker shut.

Justin smiled and Raphel turned to her with a pained expression while Troy leaned on the lockers, his face neutral.

"Your mother asked me to show you this. It's not like I'm really interested in going" she insisted

"Then you can just cancel for both of us. Or you can take Vesper or Alexis"

"Im not going" the girl with blond hair said, shuddering at the thought making Rafael chuckle.

"I'm really busy tonight. Excuse me now, I'll be off to class"

"God knows I'm tired of his bratty attitude" Haisley complained, watching them walk away.

****
Kaitlyn stepped into the building of Crestville Academy, looked around her like a lost puppy trying to find her locker and homeroom when she bumped into someone.

Haisley shrieked and glared at the girl who bumped into her as Kaitlyn bent down to help with her books.

"Sorry" Kaitlyn said as she handed Haisely her books which she snatched and rolled her eyes.

"You idiot"

"Whoa i said sorry" students began staring at them.

"Save it" she walked away

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today"

"Are you okay?" A girl asked Kaitlyn as she walked towards her, with a worried look.

"Yeah I'm fine" Kaitlyn replied

"Dont let her get to you. She's always like that. I'm Katherine Monroe" she extended her hand for a shake "never seen you around. you must be new here I guess"

"I'm Kaitlyn Hernandez. Yeah" she shook her hand "is she always like that?"

"That's Haisley Young. She had a fight this morning with her rumored Prince Charming, Alfred Smith"