Chapter Six

Kaitlyn walked out of the academy building into the parking lot with Katherine when her phone rang. An Unknown number. She turned to Katherine whom urged her to pick the call saying it could be important.

"Hello?" She greeted, finally getting the courage to answer the call.

"Kaitlyn, it's Elizabeth Smith"

"Oh. Good day, ma'am"

"Good day, Kaitlyn I will be sending a driver to take you back home"

"Home?"

"Yes home here, back to the Smith Mansion. The doctor said You need to stay here for a few more weeks to keep you under observation till you are fine"

"But I need to speak to my parents before then"

"That won't be necessary. I will handle it. But you can go see them if you want"

"Okay"

"Good" she cut the call without waiting for a response.

"What was that?"

"Mrs Smith wants me to stay back at their house for a couple of more weeks"

"Really?"

"Yes. But I can't stand that Alfred dude"

"You'll be living in his house now so I don't think you're left with much choice" Katherine gave her a light grin

****
Elizabeth's secretary gave her a file in her office and she responded with a nod. The secretary, a young woman in her early twenties went back to stand in front of the table as she watched the woman flip through the pages.

"It has her family details there" she explained "the one we could get hold of anyway. They moved here just last week but her father, Carlos Plazibat had been living there for a while" Elizabeth flipped through the pages and she stopped at the family picture "younger brother named Jayden. He is in his final year in middle school"

"Crestville?"

"Yes"

"What does her father do?"

"He works in a business firm. We haven't gotten the details yet"

"And her mother?"

"No information too". Elizabeth glared at her secretary.

"Why are you giving me half information?" She spaced the words as she asked. "I asked for the full details and you have giving me this? This is trash, Claire"

"Sorry, ma'am"

"Don't sorry me. Give me what I need. Find out everything there is to know so I can tackle this matter once and for all" she took another look at the family picture and narrowed her eyes at it "Claire, come here". Claire did as instructed "Who does Kaitlyn look like?"

"Uhm, none of them actually. Just a slight resemblance between her and her mother but nothing like the father"

"And Jayden? He looks nothing like them at all. He looks oddly familiar I just can't place it. Too familiar. He seems to look like that kid"

"He does look like None of them at all. But I doubt it's who you think, Mrs. Smith" she leaned back on her chair.

"Okay. Go back to work and tell me anything you find out. I also want to really find out if she's adopted. Her surname does not match with that of her father's. Something's really fishy here"

"Yes ma'am

****
"I'm home?" Kaitlyn yelled as The door opened and she was shocked to see Elizabeth Smith with her Aunt there. Elizabeth had a mug of coffee with her and a slight smirk there. "Uhm, hello?"