Chapter Sixty-One

Alfred arched his brows looking at Kaitlyn to see where she was headed. He wasn't seeing anything wrong with what she was saying.

"Why are you quiet?" She asked

"What's there if Kieran went to the hospital?"

"Exactly. Why did he go to the hospital?" He rolled his eyes and leaned back on the chair.

"He probably went cause he had a migraine, an upset stomach, rotten brain, dead heart-"

"You're the one to talk about having a dead heart" he ignored her comment

"He could have gone there for anything. It doesn't mean anything at all. He could have even gone for a relative or friend. Business partner, partner's spouse or something like that" he shook his head in disbelief "and they say I'm the over thinker"

"Ofcourse you are"

"Come on, let's get going else they're going to come up with a billion and one reasons why we took long"

"Justin said we shouldn't be back with an addition" she laughed as he picked up, bridal style as earlier and walked out of the conservatory when they spotted Justin behind on the flower bushes coughing. "Isn't that-"

"Justin" he yelled and Justin whipped his head towards them guiltily almost snapping his neck. Alfred took long strides towards him with a confused look. "What are you doing here?" Justin squeezed his eyes shut.

"I was having a little headache so I thought of getting some fresh air"

"I have some drugs inside" Kaitlyn said "you should have asked Nia or Mia. Bennet would have helped too"

"It's okay, I'm fine"

"Why are your eyes shut?" Alfred interrogated.

"The light intensity is a little too much that's why"

"You should go inside then"

"You two go in I'll be right there"

"The sun is almost setting" Alfred pointed out, unconvinced. "Justin, open your eyes now"

"Why are you treating him like a kid?" Kaitlyn asked. "He said he has a headache and you're adding to it"

"That's cause he's behaving like a kid" she held his arm tightly knowing he was on the verge of getting angry. He shut his eyes to take deep breaths

"Let's go get you water" Kaitlyn suggested and he nodded in agreement. "We'll see you in. Don't keep us waiting"

"Of course" she smiled, despite knowing he couldn't see her as Alfred walked back towards the mansion

****
Kendall walked into her mother's office without knocking which startled both her and Claire. She heaved when she saw it was only her daughter back to her normal self with her aura which emitted respect and dressed in a high waist Jean, a sleeveless deep V-neck shirt, a blazer and her hair tied to a sleek high ponytail not leaving a strand out. She cat walked into the office with a poker face on and sat in front of the woman she had known to be her mother.

Elizabeth smirked at her daughter before asking Claire to leave with the flick of her hand and then turned back to her daughter.

"What are you here for?" Elizabeth asked and Kendall rolled her eyes.

"I'm pretty sure you know what I'm here for stop playing ignorant. I'm ready for my second marriage"

"Great I have already set dates for you. With the world's eligible bachelors. You're way too young to marry a divorcee unless it's someone like you but men rarely make those types of mistakes" Kendall smiled. Bless her mother's delusional heart if she thought she was going to choose a man of her choice.