Chapter Fifty

The awards show began and they started calling the winners with a few jokes in between lessening the tension surrounding Kaitlyn's table. Alfred however took no interest in the jokes been cracked but rather on his racing heart and how to ignore the slight nervousness he was feeling been close to Kaitlyn when she was ignoring him as though he didn't exist. Rafael was on his side as he too had seen Tyler and Kaitlyn kissing. Troy and Justin believed they were been irrational and should think with a calm mind.

Kaitlyn on the other hand was doing a great job at ignoring Alfred as she laughed and chatted along with Katherine and Troy who was sporting a cool smile on his face. His heart bled for Kaitlyn at what Alfred was doing. He held Haisley to make her jealous which he wasn't sure if it worked as Kaitlyn was a difficult girl. Sometimes it was hard to tell what was in her mind making him conclude she was the female version of him.

"The award of the best businessman of the year goes to-" the lady on the stage made Troy snap out of his thoughts and turn to her as the convention center went dead silent. "Harry Smith, for Lé Diamanté" the whole center erupted in claps as Alfred adjusted his suit and stood up. Elizabeth gave him a stern look as he walked over to the stage which he royally ignored. "His son will be getting the award for him since he wasn't able to join us this year" she smiled as she handed the award to Alfred who held a poker face even as the cameras flashed on him and she gave him a microphone to give a small thank you speech.

Kaitlyn's phone vibrated as Alfred began his speech. She was surprised to see it was from Tyler. Why was he calling her when he could just come straight inside. As if the rumors from the fair weren't enough now he wanted them to be seen at the award ceremony too. She ignored his call and two more came.

"Answer the call or switch the phone off" Rafael scolded. "Some of us are trying to concentrate here" Justin nudged him and mouthed a 'sorry' to Kaitlyn and a glare to Rafael.

"Sorry" she said and headed to the lobby to receive Tyler's call. "What do you want, Tyler?"

"Kaitlyn, listen to me. I'm near the convention center and there's some problem. Some people are trying to- please let me go-"

"Tyler are you okay?"

"Let me go-"

"Tyler" she groaned as he hung up. "I hope he's fine" She walked out of the center and a few meters down the road, looking for Tyler when she saw someone looking down at her from one of the skyscrapers and a gun been fired and she fell down. Looking down at where she felt the pain, she saw that her exposed leg was bleeding and groaned. She looked up to where she saw the figure but found no one.

"Kaitlyn" she turned to find Tyler running towards her. "Are you fine?" He knelt beside her as he held her head up.

"I'm fine. I saw a figure there. I don't know who he was looking for but-"

"It's okay, I've called an ambulance. You'll be fine. Just don't close your eyes or talk too much"

****
Alfred turned to his table as he wrapped up his speech when he saw Kaitlyn leaving the hall. He raised a brow as he walked towards them with Katherine chatting with Justin while Rafael and Troy were on their phones.

"Where's Kaitlyn?" He asked as he sat.

"Tyler called so she left to pick it" Rafael answered as he dropped his phone on the table. His face hardened as he turned to the stage.

"Tyler and Kaitlyn aren't dating" Katherine decided to say "maybe you haven't noticed but she likes you"

"Yeah. She likes me and makes out with other guys" Alfred said sarcastically