Chapter Sixty-Three

Alfred led Kaitlyn into the doctor's office with a smile on his face and a peck on her head. He closed the door shut after him and sat on the chair opposite the doctor's office. The doctor, a man who seemed to be in his early thirties smiled at them and dragged Kaitlyn's wheelchair towards him to examine her leg.

"How do you feel?" He asked with a smile.

"Much better"

"You are one lucky child. The leg would have been amputated had it gone a little deeper and the surgery been delayed" Kaitlyn smiled.

"When do I get to take them off? The bandage is killing"

"You can take the bandage off today. But you need to keep the wheelchair though. Another week or so. Depends on the improvements. I hope you're still taking your drugs?"

"Yeah of course-"

"She always has to be reminded" Alfred interrupted her lie and she rolled her eyes.

"It's not my fault I hate them"

"Well Ms Hernandez I suggest you take your drugs on time, eat healthy, avoid junk foods for the time being and you'll be fine and good to go in no time"

"Thanks"

"I'll send your file to the nurse's office and they'll take off the bandage. No more redressing"

"Thanks" she turned to Alfred while the doctor turned to his desktop "let's go"

"Are you sure you want to go to school?" Alfred asked as they walked through the hallway to the dressing room.

"I'm fine. Katherine will be there to help. You'll also be there. Like always" his face paled at her last statement.

"Uhm, of course" she turned her face backwards to face him.

"Are you alright? Why are you nervous all of a sudden?"

"I'm fine. Just worried about you" how do I tell you I'll be leaving the country? Leaving you, and in barely two weeks at that?

"You don't need to worry. I'm fine" she smiled "now stop been grumpy and smile a little. For me" he let out a weak smile "wider" he ended up grinning and she mirrored his expression. "You look cute" he ruffled her hair. "Not the hair" he steered the wheelchair right and stopped in his tracks. "Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

"What is Kieran doing in a lab room?"he asked no one in particular as Kieran stepped out of the lab and walked the opposite side of the hallway.

"I told you something's wrong with him"

"Nothing's wrong with him. He looked perfectly healthy to me"

"You thought the same about your dad" her eyes widened at the words that spewed out of her mouth and his expression hardened. "Sorry I didn't mean to say that"

"It's not your fault you were saying the truth anyway. But I don't think we have any business with Kieran so we should stop prying. Kendall is already down, we wouldn't want to make her more sad by bringing up Kieran"

"Well maybe you're right."

"He could have gone there for someone else not necessarily for himself. Stop worrying about these things and stressing your mental health, okay?" He gave her a lopsided smile and she nodded.

"Come on, let's get the bandage off. It's itching" he shook his head at her over dramatics.

****
"Kaitlyn" Alfred called as he sat on a couch in their Penthouse. She looked up from the book she was reading and cocked a brow.