Chapter Fifty-One

Rafael grinned as he slammed the door shut but it soon fell when he took in the gloomy atmosphere of the room. He cautiously walked towards Alfred who was standing near the window, obviously lost in his thoughts. He gave him a tap on the shoulder making him turn his attention to him.

"Are you fine?" He took in his broken look "you're not fine. And this isn't about Kaitlyn. How's your dad?"

"He has only a week left" Rafael dropped the file he was holding. "The cancer was detected six weeks ago and we had no idea. Only both of them knew; mum and dad I mean" his voice was cold, not showing any emotion just like his eyes. But Rafael was his childhood friend, he could know whatever he was feeling by just one glance at his face. "Mum said it was a lost case so he didn't have to tell us. But I know if we had started his treatment earlier we would have found a way to help him survive"

"She used the Kevin card on him, didn't she?" Alfred nodded. "You know I'm really sick and tired of this right?"

"You're the one to talk" Alfred erupted "it's not your dad that's dying is it?" Rafael let out a deep breath. He knew what his friend was going through "I feel like this is also my fault. I should have known he was sick. He looked so pale and sick. I of all people know what he's going through. And the worse part is there's nothing I can do to help him when he was there for me when I needed him the most"

"Al, this isn't your fault"

"That was the same thing you said about Albert. But we all know it's my fault"

"You shouldn't-"

"What's in the file? What did you find?" He sighed and decided to drop it. If Alfred wasn't ready to listen there was nothing he could do make him. And not when he had the stupid mindset that everything was his fault.

"Found the guy's name and where he lives. Though the location isn't exactly exact. He's a professional sniper; he keeps changing locations. He might not even be in the country by tonight" He dropped the contents on the coffee table in front of them. "This is him" he brought up a picture "Ian Nacca"

"Nacca?"

"It's something along the Hispanics and so. One of the best snipers. He's ready to travel across the globe as long as you're willing to pay. He never misses his target"

"Which means he wasn't aiming to kill Kaitlyn. The main aim was just to hurt her. I was right. Did you find out if Tyler hired him?"

"No. We have to find his account details and see the transaction details. We might also find out something about Carlos's accident. It wasn't an accident as the cops said. It was a calculated attempt at at least decapitation"

"How do you know this?"

"My father's company was working on the road a few days after the accident. I heard them talking about it. You know how self centered my dad is. He didn't bring it up again. I found this" he showed him a printed picture of a truck "they think this is the truck that pushed him. The road is usually lonely so there weren't witnesses. Even if there were, no one's saying anything"

"Great! At least I have something to be happy about"

"Yeah. And Carlos will be taken back home. Troy informed me. He's making slight movements" Alfred's phone beeped and he unlocked it.

"Troy says they're successful in getting orders from Anna Hernandez to keep Kaitlyn under surveillance. And if she has to leave, she should be with someone. Her Aunt Lia will be moving back to the Mansion with her. So she'll be okay"

"Even Katherine's staying with her, isn't she?"

"Yeah she is"

"That's good. At least there will be people around her all the time that Tyler won't be able to harm her"