Chapter Fifty-Two

8.40am

Harry Smith; 8.40am.

Kaitlyn squeezed Alfred's hand as he sat on one of the couches in the lobby refusing to move a muscle since his father's death. Kendall on the other hand was been comforted by Troy who just held her as she cried her heart out on his arms. Rafael had his arms around Katherine while Justin sat in silence.

"It's okay to cry, you know" Kaitlyn whispered to Alfred "don't hold it up" she squeezed his hand again but no response. "Al, are you okay? Do you need a doctor?" No response "okay that's It. I'm calling a doctor" she stood but he sat her back down .

"Don't" he firmly said

"You've finally spoken" she moved closer to him "are you fine? What am I saying? Of course you're not fine. You can cry, you don't have to be macho now. You're only going to hurt yourself"

"It's fine. I'm fine. I can hold myself"

"Alfred are you sure?"

"I'm fine" she adjusted her school blazer and sighed when he suddenly stood.

"We're going home and holding the funeral tomorrow"

"Don't you think it's too early?" Rafael asked

"The earlier the better" he replied.

"Are you sure?" Kendall asked "I mean we have to send invites and all of that"

"There's something called social media, Kendy. Try it" why is he behaving weirdly? Kaitlyn thought is this his coping mechanism? She bit her lip as she stared at the way his curls hung on his forehead and the way his lips moved as he spoke with such dominance that she found herself more attracted to him. Come on, Kaitlyn. His dad just kicked the bucket and you're ogling at him.

"I'm just saying. Like they have to clear their schedules and all that"

"Let whoever wants to attend do so. Dad needs to be under the ground as soon as possible" a promise is a promise, it's my fault so I have to deal with it.

"Okay then" she got off Troy and he handed her a tissue "sorry for your jacket"

"It just got a whole lot better" he joked, looking at Alfred who seemed to have zoned out. "Al?"

"Did you say something?" He asked, turning to him.

"No you seemed worried"

"I'm fine. Let's go home"  he helped Kendall stand on her feet and helped her wipe the tears on her face "don't cry"

****
"What are you two up to?" Elizabeth asked her kids as she walked into the living room and seeing the hustle and bustle in the house sent another wave of confusing through her

"Wow. Why am I not surprised?" Alfred asked as he walked towards her "the whole world knows. But the wife of the deceased is in the dark"

"What are you talking about?"

"Dad is dead" Kendall bluntly stated "and you're the reason behind it"

"You can't blame me for your father's death. I didn't instill the cancer in him"

"Well maybe if you hadn't blackmailed him into keeping it a secret he would have gotten the right treatment"

"When it was discovered nothing could have been done"

"Why are we arguing about this?" Alfred asked "what's done is done. Nothing can be done to change it. Maybe you can bring Albert back now"

"No. You're going to be taking care of LD the way you promised your father"