Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kaitlyn rushed towards Elizabeth's office as the elevator opened. After knocking on the door but no answer came through, She sighed and steadied her breath.

Don't make her feel you're some impulsive teenager. You and her both know she did it. She tried to kill Carlos. All because of a company.

She reached for the door knob when someone called her name from behind. Turning around she came face to face with Elizabeth's secretary, Claire who had a smug look on her face.

"Kaitlyn Hernandez" she said and Kaitlyn gave her a skeptical look.

"And you are?" Claire only hung around in the top floor due to Elizabeth's order. She went everywhere with her, did everything with her and was always sly with her actions.

"Claire. Mrs. Smith's secretary and personal assistant. Also her personal advisor. I have many jobs" she giggled and Kaitlyn just nodded as the girl gave off weird vibes. Claire had short black hair with a pretty round face. She was just twenty but had always been with Elizabeth since she was younger. She held all of her files and anything confidential.

"That's nice to hear"

"You're here to see Mrs. Smith?"

"Yes I am" Claire grinned and widened her doe like eyes

"You can go right in. She was expecting you anyway"

"Why was she-?"

"I don't know" she's too nice to be true.

"Okay" Claire opened the door and led her in. Elizabeth was seated behind the large mahogany desk buried in files and papers. She looked up and gave Kaitlyn the fakest smile.

"And to what do I owe this honor?" She asked. "The great Kaitlyn Hernandez is here today. Please have a seat" she pressed a button on her desk and a maid appeared. "Bring coffee for Kaitlyn" she turned to Kaitlyn "or would you like some juice? Tea?"

"I'm fine thank you" Kaitlyn replied grumpily and Elizabeth grinned.

"If you insist"

"Yes I do"

"You may go" she said to her maid "so what are you doing here?"

"You're behind my uncle's accident aren't you?"

"What uncle's accident?" She continued what she was doing to indicate she wasn't interested in the conversation

"Don't play dumb with me. What was It that you said? 'your uncle Carlos is coming back tomorrow isn't he?' What about that?" she tried her best not to yell at the vixen in front of her.

"You can yell. It's sound proof" she smirked as she scribbled some more.

"You're one hell of an annoying lady. How could be so heartless? I mean just because of money you're risking someone's life?"

"That's the main reason I wanted you to just sell JK to me. You know nothing about the business and elite world. You fight for what you want no matter the method you use. You eliminate any obstacle in your way. That's how it's done"

"Why do you want JK? You have a whole empire right at your feet"

"I don't feel the need to tell you everything" she finally looked at Kaitlyn with a cold eyes "Just remember I get what I want no matter the consequences and no matter who I have to destroy for that. You won't sell JK. That's fine. Now please leave my office before I call someone to show you the way out since you obviously seem lost"

"I'll get you back for this" Kaitlyn said as she stood which made Elizabeth smirk "trust me on that"

"I'll hold on to you. Oh and wishing your uncle a quick recovery. He obviously needs it. Hopefully he wakes up in due time"