Chapter Twenty-Four

Kaitlyn smiled as everyone clapped and she got off the podium. Katherine walked over and gave her a huge hug which she returned. Her brother disappeared to find his Aunt as Alfred and his friends walked towards her.

"That was really cool " Justin said.

"Thank you" she said

"You're a natural" Katherine said and Kaitlyn looked at Troy who was texting on his phone. Isn't he going to say anything?

"Kaitlyn" a deep voice behind her called, disrupting her thoughts. She turned and found her two uncles walking towards her. She just looked at them as they approached.

"Talk later" Katherine whispered and dragged the boys away.

"Yeah" she answered.

"How much you've grown, Child" Nico said.

"She hasn't grown that much" Charles said and glanced at her chest "I guess she did" Kaitlyn rolled her eyes. Her father's family never liked their mother which was why their father had them move to Tennessee. He had only seen pictures of her father's parents but never seen them in person till after his death. Nico and Charles used to visit them especially Nico seeing he was the closest to Chris. Charles was always the one lagging behind. They were four of them; Nico, Chris, Nola and Charles.

Nola despised her mother with passion as Chris left his family heritage and her dear friend to chase after Kaitlyn's mother, Cecilia whose parents were of middle class background hence the hatred and thus leading to him been removed from the family business. And when he wanted his fame and fortune, he built an empire from the scratch.

"Glad to see you two here" Kaitlyn said.

"I still don't know why my brother put you as his heir" Charles commented

"Maybe because he knows I am more capable than you are. And I'll do my duty honestly"

"Honesty? Who needs that? And duty? What do you know about that?"

"Enough to know that you need to stay away from it"

"Now, now. Child" Nico interrupted. He was the most emphatic towards Chris' family. The love for his brother been a catalyst. "You shouldn't be arguing with your niece, Charles"

"Well maybe he should be respectful towards her uncle" Kaitlyn scoffed.

"Yeah right"

"Why don't you move in to the Santiago Mansión?" Nico asked and Charles looked at him with shock. "Tomorrow morning. No one has been living there since your father died cause he strictly instructed that 'until you come to claim whats rightfully yours', no one could live in there. And now you're here"

"She isn't eighteen to be living alone" Charles argued.

"Yes you can move in with that your mother's sister you mentioned" Nico said

"Yes of course. I live with the Smiths now cause of an accident"

"Are you okay?" She nodded.

"Mum's going to kill you" Charles said to Nico

"She'll calm down. Santiago Mansión is rightfully Kaitlyn's. We have no right over it. Besides mum hates Chris' wife, not his children. They are her blood after all"

"Then why hadn't she visited us?" Kaitlyn asked

"Cause of your mother. And she was angry at Chris for defying her orders. She wanted him to marry some girl named Quinn or something who Waldo happened to be one of Nola's best friends back in the day so he could take over her father's company. But Chris was in love with your mother. She was happy when Chris came back to New York. Also with the intention of starting a business. He kept mentioning how he was going to bring you all back here when he's settled and finished coaxing mother. He rarely used the Santiago Mansión cause he wanted it to be with his family. But then he started acting weird and all. Staying out late, going out early. Then the accident"