Chapter Nine

Kaitlyn stepped into the living room looking tired. She had tied her hair into a ponytail and was wearing shorts and a grey hoodie with slippers. Alfred seemed busy on his phone so she slumped on the couch ignoring him and turned on the tv.

"Are you fine?" He asked, noticing her sour mood.

"Yeah I'm okay. I'm fine"

"You sure?" She turned to him with raised brows. "What? I don't mind lending a listening ear"

"I-just.. I'm just stressed with school that's all"

"You can always come to me for assistance. I mean I'm your senior so I could always tutor you when needed and all" if only my problems were just limited to school, she thought.

"I'll remember that" and with that, she walked back out.

"She's so weird"

****
"Mum will kill me if she finds this out" he grumbled and got into the car. Kendall had noticed Kaitlyn's foul mood and had suggested to her brother to take Kaitlyn out.

"She's probably bored out of her mind staying here all alone. Why don't you take her out? Her mood will get better, you'll see" she beamed. At first he was hesitant but after seeing Kaitlyn's mood wasn't any better and she had locked herself up in her room. He agreed.

"Let's go to the zoo" she said as she jumped into his car.

"Where do you get your lame ideas from?"

"My grandpa's grave. Now let's go" he let out a frustrated sigh and swerved the car.

"Aren't you coming out or what?" He asked as they got to the zoo and he hopped off the car

"In a minute chill" she said from the car. She popped her head out of the window.

"What's wrong?" He scowled.

"Uhm, my seatbelt is stuck?" She grinned and he rolled his eyes.

"You are one annoying kid" he mumbled "can't wait to get rid of you". He opened the door and threw his head inside and she looked at his lips. She shook her head and her hair fell on him. She turned her lips into a thin line as she took it off. And he looked straight into her eyes. She looked away and to the seatbelt which was stuck with part of her hair. He took out the hair and pressed the button unbuckling it as He rolled his eyes while she slammed the door

"Why is your hair so long like this" he asked

"Why do you have a problem with it?"

"I don't have a problem with it. It just seems to be making you uncomfortable"

"You know what? I don't even like the zoo anymore it's full of scary animals let's go somewhere" she headed back to the car but he grabbed her by the hood of her hoodie and drew her back to him.

"You're fucking crazy" he dragged her as she giggled. When they got to the entrance he put his two AirPods in place and stuffed his hands into his pocket.

She noticed everyone glancing in their direction as they walked inside and she guessed it must be because of Alfred. He grabbed her arm and dragged her further inside when he noticed she was getting uncomfortable with the number of people whispering about them.

"Let's go see the lion. There's it's den" she squealed pointing at it and he just shook his head. She dragged him by the arm to the lion's den "it's so big" she squealed again as she turned him around "let's take a selfie" she brought out her phone and his head shot up immediately.