Chapter Sixty

Kaitlyn dialed Alfred's number for the third time since morning. He was supposed to pick her up to go to the hospital for her check up but he wasn't picking. Just as She was about to give up, he answered.

"Hello" his voice came out hoarse and raspy that she couldn't help but forget her anger for a minute but quickly got a grip of herself.

"Where were you? I've been calling you since"

"Stop been overdramatic. You only called twice" she pouted but then realized he couldn't see her.

"Yeah. Twice! Why weren't you answering?"

"I didn't mean it. I was just attending to some issues here. What's up?"

"I can't believe you forgot. Forget it I'll be going alone"

"Wait. Calm down. I was busy with Kendall. I'm sorry what's up? What did I forget?"

"How's she-Kendall I mean?"

"She's doing well I guess. She acts like it doesn't hurt but I know she's hurting"

"When did you become wise?"

"Since I met the annoying girl I'm talking to"

"I'm not annoying"

"You are"

"Says you"

"The fact that's hurting her most is she doesn't even know what's wrong. She's tried to speak to him many times even before she came back here but he kept saying nothing and how it's none of her bloody business like hell it isn't her business. Bringing random girls back every night. It's just so messed up"

"Why don't you talk to him and see?"

"I'd end up killing him to be honest cause Kendy's on the verge of depression"

"Let's give both of them space. Sometimes people in a relationship tend to need space so they can figure out what exactly they want and if they really want to be with this person, who they are without them and what not. But that doesn't mean the relationship isnt strong"

"Isn't strong? They are getting divorced"

"Haven't you heard of couples who got back together a day before or on the day of their divorce?"

"Right" she could already imagine him rolling his eyes as he said it "first Natasha and Troy. Now Kieran and Kendall. Love is traumatic"

"Love is peace too. Love is healing. The belonging to someone"

"Enough of been a love doctor, what were you so mad about?"

"You and I" she paused "you and I were supposed to go see the doctor today"

"Why do I need a doctor?"

"I'm really starting to hate you at this point. You were supposed to come pick me up. You wanted to come with me for my check up"

"Oh yeah. It totally slipped my mind"

"And we have just half an hour left for my appointment"

"Do this. Let's meet up there. I'll see you in a bit"

"But-" she heard yelling from the background and sighed, recognizing Elizabeth's and Kendall's voice. The latter was the one yelling while Elizabeth was talking in the cool composed tone that always annoyed Kaitlyn. "Is everything fine?"

"Yeah. I'll see you at the hospital. I have to go"

"Are you sure you don't need to-" she sighed when he hung up not letting her complete her statement. Looks like she had to go alone and wait for him as he had promised. A part of her wanted to go see him and another part wanted her to just trust him and let him be. He already had enough trouble on his plate as it was. Her been there would only increase his tension and she didn't want to be a burden.