Chapter Fifty-Three

Kaitlyn stepped into the Smith Mansion with Jack behind her. The atmosphere was tense as it was just the third day after Harry's demise. Tyler had tried getting her hang out with him but she rejected as she was still sad about the loss of her boyfriend's dad. She had given Alfred a day's space as she thought it was well needed. But it looked like he wasn't ready to budge as he had been in a lock up for the past two days as she was informed by Kendall who had taken heart and began moving on.

She walked into the living room where Elizabeth was seated and didn't miss the dirty look thrown at her so she stopped for an exchange of a few words.

"Hello" she initiated. No response "well at least I tried" she shrugged and headed to the elevator but stopped when Elizabeth called her name. She turned, tightly clutching the chain of the side bag she had crossed on her chest as the woman stood and walked towards her.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To see my boyfriend" the shock on Elizabeth's face at the confident tone she used pleased her but the woman quickly concealed it and smirked

"Well I guess he didn't tell you. Alfred will be marrying someone of royal blood. And I don't think you're one"

"You're the one who cares about such things. Not Al"

"Very well then. Hope you don't stand as a distraction between him and his work. His father's empire is now on his shoulder. I have little to do" the woman's accent annoyed her beyond limits "but my son is as wise as his mother. He always makes the right choices. And I don't think you're one. So you will soon be eliminated. I would leave if I were you"

"Well you're the one who has to get scared. I have evidence against you, Elizabeth" it took all her willpower to not laugh at the pale face before her "the truck you sent after Carlos, Rafael found it. All we need is the driver. I'd watch my back if I were you. You could be in jail in less than a week. And also, thanks for the advice. But it's pretty much unnecessary. Very unnecessary"

"What's going on here?" Kendall asked as she walked towards them with a cup in her hand dressed so casually Kaitlyn had to give her a once over. From her tank top to the ankle length leggings with her hair in a ponytail.

"Just having a little chat with your mum" Kaitlyn answered with a sickly sweet smile.

"Oh. I was just wondering" Kendall smirked at her mother's expression of horror "mum looks like she's seen a ghost"

"Well it's the ghost of her past" Elizabeth clenched her fist and walked away leaving a triumphant look on Kaitlyn

"Wow" they both watched the woman catwalk away.

"Where's Alfred?" She whipped her head towards Kendall at the question

"He's in the third floor. You know, where his room is. He's been there ever since. He's taking it real hard. He was the closest with dad. Come let me take you there"

"You don't need to stress yourself. I'll be fine"

"I insist. I just don't think he'll be in his room" Kaitlyn kept quiet not knowing the meaning of what Kendall said as she led the way to the elevator.

"Why wasn't your husband present?" Kendall stiffened a little unknown to Kaitlyn and tightened the grip on her cup

"He's busy"

"That's not right. He should have at least been there to support you. As a husband"

"I know. It's a little rough for him at the moment"

"Oh. I understand" I'm afraid it's more than that, Kendall thought I hope I get through it without anyone finding out. She humphed when the elevator beeped and they walked into the living room.