Chapter Thirty

"So how was the dinner?" Troy asked Alfred as he sat on a beanbag with a bowl of popcorn

"What's so special about it?" Alfred asked back "we just ate and left. She was trying to be all lovey dovey couple but I put a stop to it. It was annoying"

"Everything's annoying to you" Justin pointed out and Alfred rolled his eyes

"Yeah just like you are"

"I'm the most adorable kid you can find" Troy scoffed

"Yeah, a kid that barely uses his lips to talk but uses his fists all the time. And Did you just call yourself a kid?" He asked.

"You know what I mean!" Justin grunted. "You all bully me" he went back to his canvas. The four of them had a special love for art; Justin painted, Rafael did pottery and Troy did sculpturing. Alfred was interested in everything but stopped after he had Heart Failure.

"So" Rafael drawled as he turned to Alfred "are you sure you just ate and left? No goodnight kiss? Or sex?"

"Rafael!" Alfred growled

"What? I'm just curious. We're your brothers. You can tell us everything y'know"

"I swear to god I'm going to murder you if you don't keep that bitchass mouth of yours shut"

"I wish Kai was here" Justin said

"Well go meet her" Alfred retorted "who cares?"

"Yeah let's go" Rafael said "she should be in the cafeteria"

"Good luck" Alfred said and they shot him a displeased look. "Fine" he grunted and stood.

****
Kaitlyn grumbled as Katherine stole one of her tacos. Katherine looked at her suspiciously but doesn't say anything as Kaitlyn just stared at the food and does nothing more.

"Are you okay?" Katherine asked "you haven't spoken a word since"

"I'm fine" she mumbled

"That answer alone is enough to tell me otherwise. You were fine yesterday"

"I'm fine. Nothing to worry about"

"I'm your best friend, if you don't tell me, who will you tell? Are you on your period?"

"No" she sighed "My ex boyfriend, Drake, the one I told you about. He wants to get back"

"That jerk. Where did he get your number from? Scratch that, what did you say?"

"He contacted me through Instagram and obviously I said no we're not getting back together even if he's the last man on earth"

"This is the reason I chose you as my friend the first time I saw you. You're not afraid to speak your mind"

"Yeah" she wasn't even sure of that answer. Cause there was something on her mind and she hadn't said it yet. But she decided to play along "and Its gotten me into a lot of trouble"

"It's worth it. Unlike me, you don't hide things. Sometimes I wish I was born into a normal family. No big social gathering, no having to walk on eggshells whenever you're around old stupid judgmental people. Where everyone expects you to be perfect. But no one's perfect" Kaitlyn could pick up the hint of sadness and a little anger in her friend's words.

"Well I don't wish that" Katherine looked at her "cause if you were I wouldn't have met you. Then we wouldn't have been friends" Katherine smiled

"You sure know how to make someone feel better"

"What are friends for?" They grinned

"So what are you going to do about that Drake guy?"

"Ignore him"