Chapter Forty-Five

Alfred rushed into the hospital room followed by Kendall and stopped when he saw his father on the bed barely conscious and his mother was seated on the couch with a poker face that made a sudden mix of anger and hatred run through him. How could she be so indifferent towards the situation he thought but then scoffed when he remembered who she actually was.

He walked over to where Kendall was already seated beside their father's bed. He stirred when Alfred's hands touched his.

"Are you okay?" Kendall asked her father.

"I'll be fine. You both don't need to worry about me" he replied with a smile. Alfred didn't say a word; most times he couldn't grasp why his father never spoke a word against his mum. Was it because he's so in love with her he couldn't go against her? Or did she have something against him that would land him in trouble if he dared oppose her? It hurt to see him looking like that, though one could say he was used to the pain, but who really is?

Even after everything he couldn't make himself to hate his father since he wasn't really like this. Everything changed cause of him.

"Prince,your father was supposed to be in Brussels today" his mother began not looking at them but at the magazine she was reading which made him frown "so as he's sick you have to go there for him and finalize the deal"

"Finalize the deal?" He asked in disbelief "I can't do that"

"You have been seeing your father do it so now all you have to do is practicalize what you've learnt"

"Can't you go? Or Kendy?"

"I can go" Kendall offered. His mother snickered

"You don't belong here, Kendall Schmidt. You're with your husband now"

"Doesn't stop me from been a daughter"

"Why are you talking as if I'm dead?" Harry asked

"The doctor ordered you to take bed rest for at least a week" Elizabeth said with a tone of finality "Prince is going. You had promised to take care of LD whenever your father is incapable of doing such, do you remember?" He clenched his fist. Of course he remembered and she was using it against him now.

"You're emotionally blackmailing him now?" Kendall asked, she wasn't so shocked though. "As if this Alfred isn't enough you want to make him worse"

"It's just one deal, you're making it seem like he's going to take over the company or something" Elizabeth defended herself. "And Alfred, know that you don't have a choice. Haven't you ever wondered how the news of that boy you had beaten half to death never left the school building?" He whipped his head to face her as she brought out a magazine from her bag "look at this. It made the front page. Only thing is you and your childish friends weren't mentioned here. But had it gone viral the police would have investigated and it would have led to you. Then you'll end up in jail. I took down everything before they even left their companies"

"You wouldn't dare" Alfred said through gritted teeth and she smirked "and we did them a favor by not sending their son to jail over what he did"

"I'm not so heartless to leave you there forever. Maybe a year or so will get you back on track. And you know who I'll bring back? And besides, that's not the way the story was been projected here. Everyone will literally believe the magazines and ignore your side of the story. Why? Cause only you and your friends have it. The magazines just saw that you had him beaten to the point of death"

"You really don't become a mother by giving birth" and with that he stormed away.

"I feel disgusted" Kendall said