Chapter Thirty-Nine

They headed for their cars as Troy gave Natasha a peck and she smiled making Kaitlyn clench her fists and roll her eyes. Enough already, she thought too much PDA.

The chauffeur opened Natasha's car for her as she had planned on going on her own and even called her driver.

"I'd love to spend more time with you guys" she said to Troy "but my manager's already freaking out as my routine will be messed up so I have to go back to the hotel. And the shooting starts tomorrow"

"It's okay we will meet tomorrow at the party" Kaitlyn said with a fake smile

"Kai, relax" Katherine whispered to her and she widened her eyes. "It's that obvious"

"Sure, bye" Natasha said and waved at them before she entered the car. Alfred turned to Kaitlyn who was smiling at the retreating car. He shook his head and she rolled her eyes when she saw him.

"I have to get going" Troy said slightly panicking.

"Are you okay?" Kaitlyn asked

"Yeah I'm fine" he replied. Alfred placed a hand on Troy's shoulder.

"Don't worry, Natasha's here. She will fix it like she always did" he assured

"She won't be able to do it this time"

"Get going" Rafael said

"Mind if I drop you home?" Alfred asked Kaitlyn

"Did you drink too much?"

"Do I look drunk to you?"

"Well you're making drunk requests"

"Just shut up. You're so irritating. And you've got a dirty mind. I just want to drop you home so I can see Jayden, you moron" why is he always so concerned about Jayden?

"You should have said so instead of acting all weird. Anyways let's go"

"Hello, you're leaving your bestie for your boyfie" Katherine complained

"Eew" Kaitlyn said, scrunching her face and Alfred threw a glare at her.

"I'm always at your service" Rafael offered.

"He's too sweet Katherine" Kendall said with a smile and headed to her car "guess we're all settled now"

"Uhm, yeah"

"Come on, m'lady" Rafael said and opened the door for Katherine making her glare at him which he returned with a smile.

*****
Kaitlyn walked into the room Carlos had been put. Lia was seated on a couch by the window reading a magazine with a cup of hot cocoa in her hand. Kaitlyn adjusted her coat and walked to her with a smile despite the gloomy and depressed feeling inside her seeing her uncle laid on the bed helpless.

"Hey Aunt Lia" she greeted and Lia turned to her and grinned.

"How are you dear?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Just came back from my therapy session and decided to drop by" she smiled.

"You look more beautiful from the last time I saw you" she sat beside Lia.

"Thank you. There's a party tonight I'll be attending. Natasha Bernardo is hosting it"

"The model?" Kaitlyn nodded "is she nice or snobby?"

"Nice. And she's dating Troy" Lia noticed the way Kaitlyn's face fell when she made the statement

"It's okay dear. Troy may not be yours but someone else is surely made for you"

"Thanks Aunt Lia. How's Uncle Carlos?"