Chapter Twenty-Nine

Alfred rolled his eyes as he adjusted his turtle neck tee shirt while Rafael laid on his bed. He glared at him through the mirror making his companion smirk as he ran a hand through his hair in order to ruin the neat hair his mother made a hairstylist do before sighing.

"I can't believe I'm doing this" He grumbled.

"Me neither. I'm supposed to be with some girl now but I'm listening to your grumbling" Alfred gave him a death glare, But rafael, been Rafael, grinned. "Yeah you're welcome"

"Shut the fuck up before I kick you out"

"Which I'll gladly accept" Alfred rolled his eyes for the billionth time. "I wonder how Kai's dinner is going"

"Terrible. When she's around, everything  goes haywire. And now that she's organized it, it's a disaster"

"That's exactly how you're life's going to be if you don't get ready quick. You're late and I'm sure your mum's counting down"

"Such a good friend you are"

"Hey, you look great"

"I always look great" he smiled and straightened his pants.

"Yeah yeah" Alfred sprayed more cologne "you're going to make her choke with all this cologne you have on"

"There's nothing I'd like more than that" he slipped on his and sighed once more as He opened the door and led the way to the elevator with Rafael beside him.

"Took you long enough to get ready" Elizabeth said as they got out of the elevator and approached her. "You're not going with them, are you?" She asked Rafael who smirked

"Of course not, Liza. Unless you want us to have a three-ouch" he glared at Alfred who smacked him before he could finish his sentence.

"Well that's good" she turned back to Alfred "go pick Haisley up. You're Late as it is already"

"Yeah right" he said "let's go"

****
Kaitlyn sat opposite Aria on the dining table as Nia and two other maids served the food. Antipasto Skewers. Their grandmother smiled as she took a bite.

"Your chefs are good" she commented

"Thank you" Kaitlyn said

"So Kaitlyn you're fond of The Mini Big Four, right?" Aria asked "who do you think is the cutest? I think Rafael"

"Yeah Rafael is cute,physically" she agreed "but he's got the mind of a child. While Justin is practically the irrational one"

"Oh yeah Justin. He's not that bad. I haven't had any interaction with them besides Social gatherings"

"You can meet them someday. But I absolutely adore Troy! Alfred is an asshole"

"Jeez, language. Or Grandma's going to whoop your ass" they giggled

"What are you two young ladies discussing?" Their grandmother asked.

"Nothing. Just people" Aria answered. She was used to her grandmother and knew just how to answer back without offending her. Aria turned back to Kaitlyn who snickered "but they are pretty mysterious. I mean aside from business stuffs, there's hardly anything more about them. The Living Statue, Playboy, Miniature Bruce lee and the one with half a heart"

"Troy, Rafael, Justin and Alfted right?"

"Yes. I also saw you with Katherine. She's pretty cool. I like her"

"She's the first friend I made in the academy. And now my best friend"

"Don't you think you've spoken enough?" Nola asked "where are your manners?"

"Aria never had in the first place" Scott commented "she literally eats like a pig"

"Scott!" Nico scolded.

****
Alfred scowled as Haisley wrapped her arm around his and smiled for the cameras. He deepened his scowl as more flashes fell on them and led the way inside. He let go of her hand the moment they were out of the paparazzi's sight and She rolled her eyes at his antics as the manager arrived and led them to the rooftop. Haisley smiled as she clicked her heels and everyone gawked at her.

The waiter drew out a chair for her at their reserved table as the manager stood by.

"You're highly welcome, Mr. Smith" he said which Alfred replied with a nod. "Would you like a personal service?"

"No we will just order and go" Alfred said

"Sorry sir"

"You don't have to be grumpy all the time" Haisley said

"You don't get to tell me what to do. Just order and let's get out of this place" she rolled her eyes

"He will be your personal waiter" the manager said "I'll be right back, sir" Alfred turned to the waiter and asked for just water while Haisley ordered a Richebourg. He rolled his eyes at her choice as the waiter came back and asked what they wanted for appetizer. Alfred ordered a Blini with caviar and Haisley ordered the same.

"Don't you have your own order or something?" He asked and she shrugged

"You're not making the effort so I am" he leaned forward

"This might be a date for you but I'm literally only here to eat and go" he leaned back in his chair

"Can't you even pretend or something?"

"No" she scoffed. Ever so straightforward."you and I both know this isn't going to go any further so why waste the effort and time? Instead of this we could be doing something more productive"

"It's not like I have a choice" he narrowed his eyes. The waiter arrived with their orders

"What do you mean? Are you been forced?"

"What i meant is its not like I have anything better to do anyways. Your mum asked me before she set the date"

"It's not a date. And she asked you but I wasn't asked?"

"She knew you wouldn't agree"

"So the point of this whole set-up is to convince me to agree to this alliance. Well the truth is unless I miraculously fall in love with you, which I hundred percent doubt, this is getting us no where"

"Can we please discuss this another time? I really need to eat and I can't eat if I'm in a bad mood" he rolled his eyes

"I'm tired of the topic anyway"

****
"It's so beautiful!" Katherine said as she entered Kaitlyn's room where she was with Aria after the dinner. "You have diamonds literally everywhere"

"I know right. I'm so jealous" Aria added "I'm Aria, Kaitlyn's cousin"

"I know. We've met a couple of times"

"Yes"

"Now I'll have two best friends" Kaitlyn beamed. "You can stop by anytime, Aria"

"Thank you" Aria said

"Transfer to Crestville" Kaitlyn whined

"No way. Grandma will kill me. She hates Elizabeth"
The other two laughed.

"Everyone hates that witch" Kaitlyn said

"Don't let Alfred hear you calling his mother a witch" Katherine warned

"Well he's no less. So rude and annoying"

"But Kendall's nice, no?" Aria asked

"Yes, she's so sweet" Kaitlyn commented

"Her wedding was so cute" Katherine added.

"So Kaitlyn tell us about your time in Tennessee" Aria requested "it's one of the cutest cities here"

•••••••••••
Thoughts 💭

If you're still here and liked it please vote by tapping on the little star at the bottom of this page. It's how I feel encouraged and earn recognition. You can suggest points on how to improve the book; constructive criticism is always welcomed.