Chapter Thirty-One

Kaitlyn crossed her legs on the couch with her phone and laptop to watch a movie when the intercom rang from the ground floor. She picked it up and sighed, not really in the mood for any guest right now.

"Hello" she said.

"Ma'am it's Nia" she answered

"Yes Nia I recognize your voice whats up?"

"There's someone here to see you"

"Tell whoever it is to come back later. I'm not in the mood" the line went silent for a while

"He says it's very important, ma'am"

"How important on a scale of one to ten"

"Ma'am-?"

"Come on, Nia. Stop been shy for once"

"He says ten" she groaned "he also says it's a business matter"

"Fine, let him in"

"Yes ma'am" she hung up and sighed, putting her laptop away. Her plans of spending the afternoon alone had been ruined by some unknown stranger with a very important 'business work'. She even sent Jayden away to a park to practice his skateboarding.

The elevator beeped and she put on her flip flops, simultaneously turning to it. Whoever it was was surely taking their time getting out as she watched the hallway. Nia appeared first with her head hung low when someone appeared behind her and Kaitlyn's jaw clenched immediately. It felt like all the air had been sucked out of her system as she immediately sank back into the couch and closed her eyes wishing the person in front of her would just disappear.

"Ma'am are you okay?" Nia asked

"I'm fine, Nia. Kindly show him the way out. He's an uninvited guest"

"Come on, Doll" he said "I'm here only for you"

"Drake, kindly leave" she said not looking at him.

"Come on, Doll" he moved closer but she immediately shot her hand up to stop him.

"Don't come any closer, Drake. Or I'll call the guards on you" the only thing running through her mind was how to get him out of her sight.

"Do you want me to call Bennet, ma'am?" Nia asked and glared at the person making her mistress uncomfortable.

"It's okay, I'm fine"

"Doll, please give me a chance"

"Please just go"

"I came over to New York for you. I don't have anywhere to go and I surely can't afford all these fancy hotels"

"Then find a cheap one or sleep on the streets. Thank you very much for stopping by, you may go now"

"Come on, Doll. Five days. Just give me five days and I promise to leave after that" she sighed. 

"Nia, give Drake one of the rooms downstairs" She turned to Drake when Nia bowed her head slightly in acknowledgment. "And you, stay only where you are told to. No snooping around anywhere. And if you're found guilty, I won't hesitate to throw you out on the streets of New York"

"I won't disappoint you, Doll" he had a light smirk as she gave him a once over. Drake had the roots of his hair black while the tips were blond. He still looked like he did two years ago only a little more muscular. She couldn't help but compare him to Alfred and his friends. They looked like they spent all their free time in the gym. They were so muscular and tall with really broad shoulders. Even though Drake had just graduated from high school and was a freshman in college, he still stood at least an inch shorter than the shortest of them; Justin.