Chapter Sixty-Five

Kaitlyn shifted the plate she was holding closer to Troy and he sighed, grabbing it from her and placing it on the coffee table then proceeded to place her on the couch beside him but not before wincing when her leg hit his injured spot and she bit her lip.

"I'm so sorry. It was an accident" she apologized.

"It's okay" he sat after her "and why do I get to eat Caprese?"

"Cause it's healthy. It's got tomatoes, Buffalo mozzarella, basil, olive oil-"

"Okay, I got it" he laughed. "I'll eat it. On one condition"

"And what is that?"

"You get to eat with me"

"Why? The serving is only for one person"

"I'm sure the cooks will be more than glad to make another one. They usually have no work here since dad's always dining with Dove and I hardly eat more than twice"

"Why? Are you anorexic?"

"God no" she laughed. "I have breakfast and lunch at the Den. Dinner isn't really my thing so I go to bed straight or just order pizza. No more excuses, you're eating this with me" she gave him a wide grin.

"Okay fine. But you're eating most of it. I'm just helping you eat it"

"Deal. You have the first bite" she nodded as he took the fork and knife to cut the first bite for her while she watched him keenly and widened her mouth when he brought the fork up to it. He burst out laughing when parts of the basil fell out of her mouth and she pouted before continuing to chew.

"It's not funny at all" she scolded with a mouthful.

If only this moment could last forever. If only time could freeze so it'd just be you and I. This moment I will forever cherish in my heart. Maybe I am in love with you, but I know that no matter what it is, it's going to be unrequited. And that hurts more than anything. I'm an idiot.

"-what are you thinking of?"

"Nothing" he stuffed his face with the Caprese and she just watched him, not knowing what else to say. She bit her lip and turned to the Tv, tuning to Netflix and played Dangerous Lies. "I'm not really happy about my dad's girlfriend"

His confession shocked her that she turned to him with saucer-like eyes making him smirk at her reaction.

"B-but why? He seemed so happy"

"He's happy yeah but what about me? I'm not happy with the alliance. And its not like she's the first one he's brought. We would argue a lot over it and stay for weeks without even speaking to each other. That's how much I hated it. Natasha used to act as the Ombudsman then. But now, I have nobody. I never did. We're literally in one of those phases now. He doesn't really care though. He never did"

She stared at him for a while not knowing what to say or how to comfort him. Maybe that's the reason behind his erratic behaviors.

"What do you mean you have nobody?" She finally spoke. "Don't be silly. You have Alfred, Justin, Rafael, Katherine. Me. You have me. You'll always have me. All of us. And I don't think there should be a mediator behind you and your father. Natasha made you so dependable on her that your life without her seems colorless but that's not how it's supposed to be. You're supposed to be inter dependable. Or independent. Does Alfred know about it?"

"No. No one does. No one except you" hope you don't see me in a different light. I'm a fool for telling you this but there's nothing I can do when it comes to you. You make me vulnerable. But I can't. I just can't-