Chapter Four

Alfred walked out of the school building, pinching the bridge of his nose as he walked towards his car, him been the last of his friends to leave. Leaning on the car, he let out a deep breath, trying to steady his breathing. Running a hand through his hair, he noticed Kaitlyn yelling over the phone and glaring at her car.

She then sighed and said something, calmer this time around and hung up.

Curious, he walked towards her with a scowl, his left hand in his pocket. She glared at him, making him raise a brow in question.

"What's going on with your car?" He asked and she scoffed.

"As if you don't know"

"And why would I know?"

"Look, just stay away from me. First the slime incident and now this. I just want to stay out of trouble and you don't seem to be making it easier for me"

"I got to know what happened and I apologize even though it wasn't exactly my fault. They are trying their best to find out who did it" she scoffed. "Now let me take a look" she rolled her eyes and stepped aside, letting him take a look at the engine.

After maneuvering a little, he asked her to start the car and it roared to life. She smiled as she jumped out of the front seat.

"You're such a life saver. Thank you"

"You're welcome" he shut the bonnet and gave her a light smile before walking away.

****
Kaitlyn parked her car in the parking lot of the confectionery store where she stopped to buy chocolates. Her phone rang and a frown graced her lips when she saw the name on the screen.

"Hello, Aunt Lia" she greeted, trying to sound cheerful as she got into the store.

"How did you get your phone back? And why aren't you back home yet?"

"Chill, Aunt Lia. My car broke down and I've made a little stop. I should be home in the next twenty minutes" she smiled, putting some ice cream tubs in the trolley she was pushing.

"Good. I'll be back early too. You and I have something discuss"

"If it's about them, I don't want to hear it" she handed her card to the cashier.

"Just come back home. We'll see how it goes. You know you have to do everything according to what they say"

"Or what?" She stepped out of the store and got into her car to start the engine. "The highest they can do is tell everyone against my wish. I don't want to be associated with them and that's final" she rolled her eyes as she made a reverse

"Just come home. All these shouldn't be discussed over the phone-" and just before she could complete her statement, Kaitlyn crashed into a car that was moving at a fairly high speed. "Kaitlyn!" No response. "Kaitlyn" still no response. She cursed and ended the call.

The passengers of the other car alighted and a woman dressed in an expensive looking gown stepped out with an indifferent expression on her face as the driver opened the driver's seat to check up on Kaitlyn.

"She's unconscious and bleeding" he informed her.

"Get her in the car" she simply said and walked back.

****
Elizabeth watched as the nurse finished wrapping the bandage round Kaitlyn's head as the doctor gave her an injection. Both turned to her, taking in her worried look with her arms crossed.

"She'll be fine" the doctor assured her. "She just has a concussion but the brain is fine. She just needs these medications and she'll be fine. Two weeks and the effect should have reduced. But if it isn't properly taken care of, it could get complicated"