Chapter Twenty-Three

Kaitlyn walked over to where Katherine's parents sat. The event allowed only certain people from the media inside so most of them were outside. Katherine grinned as they reached where they sat and her mum smiled lightly at her.

"Mum, this is Kaitlyn Hernandez" she said and Kaitlyn smiled.

"Hello" Kaitlyn said.

"She looks just like her father" Katherine's mother said and despite Kaitlyn not liking the sound of that she let out a small smile and thank you, ma'am. "Oh please call me Lydia" Kaitlyn smiled, trying to hide her nervousness of meeting the model.

"Nice to meet you" Lydia tapped her husband's shoulder and he turned to the ladies

"Hey dad" Katherine said.

"Kathy" he hugged her. "You look beautiful, dear"

"Thanks"

"You must be Kaitlyn Hernandez" he turned to Kaitlyn

"I am. Nice to meet you"

"The pleasure is all mine, dear. I can see the striking resemblance between you and your father" Kaitlyn used to be proud when people told her she looked like her dad,but now, she felt hurt, sad and angry.

"Thank you" she said politely.

"Hello Mrs Monroe" Justin said behind them. He was with Rafael who was smiling widely at the girls.

"Hello boy" Lydia greeted "pleasure to meet you" she said. "Where's Alfred?"

"He's busy" Rafael said "kind of" he looked at the direction Alfred was talking to Haisley, her twin and Alexis. A waiter passed by and Rafael stopped him, handing a drink to each of the ladies and Justin took one himself.

"Yeah we get" Katherine said and added a snicker. Kaitlyn was too nervous to care.

"They are getting engaged soon" Jennifer added. "It's good they get used to each other before then"

"Yes it's true" Justin said and downed his drink. "Come on" he linked his arm with Kaitlyn's and walked towards a group of women "my dad wasn't able to make it but my mum did" he informed her. "Good evening" he said and the ladies turned their attention to him.

"Hey son" Justin's mother said with a fake smile. "You must be Kaitlyn"

"Yes I am" Kaitlyn said "nice to meet you" the host announced the coming of the event's guest of honor and all eyes turned to the entrance. Everyone knew who it was except Kaitlyn. Elizabeth Smith appeared dressed in a golden long sleeve floor length gown with a Peter Pan collar. But what shocked them more was Harry Smith, Alfred's dad. A light smile crept up Alfred's face up But kept his cool and stood where he was. Kendall however couldn't hold in her excitement and walked over to hug her father. He let go of Elizabeth's arm and and hugged his daughter.

"You didn't tell anyone you're coming back today" she said and he laughed.

"I wanted to surprise you all" he said. "I didn't want to miss Chris's memorial party. Have I ever missed it?"

"Of course not" Kendall beamed and ignored her mother's bored looks as she strolled over to the other ladies.

"Where's Alfred?" As if on cue, Alfred joined them and handed a wine glass to his father. "Thank you" Alfred just nodded.

"Don't you want to meet Kaitlyn?" Kendall asked and her father's face beamed again.

"Of course"she led him to where Kaitlyn was and after much search they found her with a woman and a young boy with Rafael who still hadn't left her side . "Kaitlyn" she said and she turned. The boy in a tuxedo also turned and stared at them. Harry and Kendall were shocked to see the boy in front of them as Alfred appeared by their side.