Chapter Sixteen

"Why did you lie that your parents are here? When they're dead?" Alfred and his sister hung their mouths in shock staring at Kaitlyn.

"My parents?" Oh no "what do you mean? My parents are fine and alive. Wait do you mean they're dead?"

"Stop playing with me, Miss" Elizabeth warned "those aren't your biological parents.Lia is your mother's sister. And she got married ten years ago while you're sixteen. You didn't plan your lies good enough" she smirked

"Mum at least you would have waited till tomorrow to talk to her" Alfred said "death is a sensitive topic and we just got back from our trip"

"Why are you making it like I'm the bad on here?" Elizabeth asked emotionless "she's the one who lied"

"You do know that you're the one who brought her here right?" Kaitlyn was already in tears as Kendall held her in a hug but Elizabeth ignored him and turned to Kaitlyn

"So tell me why the lie? It's not something to be ashamed of if you're an orphan"

"Mum!" Kendall said "don't you think it's too much?"

"I'm just trying to get something out of this"

"Something like what?" Kaitlyn yelled in a whisper"I have nothing you want so please leave me alone and let me go"

"So tell me everything"

"My father died before my mother and she was going for his funeral when she also died. Aunt Lia is my mother's sister and she took us in cause my mother made her promise to look after us. It's not easy to tell everyone you see on the way that you're an orphan. It's much easier to lie than to say the truth" Kendall flashed her mother a fake tight smile. "And for the record, I'm not an orphan. Aunt Lia has take care of me as much as my mother will. So kindly do not call me an orphan"

"Hope you've gotten your answer now" she said and stomped off with Kaitlyn.

****
"Calm down" Kendall said as Kaitlyn laid on her bed. She offered her a glass of water and sat beside her.

"Are you mad at me?" She sniffed

"Of course not. If there's anyone to be mad at it's my mum. She was been insensitive"

"But i lied. It's just I was close to my dad but then after a while he drifted so I had to rely on my mother. She also left on his funeral which I never got to attend"

"What's his name you can go see his grave" Kaitlyn quickly turned away

"No thank you"

"It's okay. Whenever you need me I'll be there for you. You're like the sister I never had. Just annoying brothers"

"You mean one hell of an annoying brother" Kendall smiled

"Yes of course. Now clean up let's watch a movie or something. You need to relax after a stressful day. I'm sure my brother gave you a tough time"

"He sure did" Kendall gave her a tight lipped smile

****
Kaitlyn skipped downstairs to the kitchen and sat on one of the stools in the counter and a maid smiled her.

"You done making breakfast yet?" She asked

"In a minute why don't you sit at the dining?"

"No but if you can bring it to my room it's okay"

"Yes of course. We're always at your service" Kaitlyn smiled and headed to the staircase instead of the elevator in order to delay her trip to her room when she bumped into Alfred. She looked down at her feet instead of him.