Chapter Forty-Eight

Okay, Tyler. It's now or never Tyler advised himself as he looked at Kaitlyn putting some strands of her hair behind her ear.

"Are you fine?" He asked

"Yeah" she placed a foot on the floor and flinched, yelling in pain.

"I got the real answer" she smiled, rolling her eyes. She really is pretty. "Oh and Kaitlyn. There is something I want to tell you" she turned to him

"What is it?"

"Please don't take this negatively cause you know we're friends and all but-"

"Tyler you are scaring me. Just say-"

"I like you" she scanned his face for any sign that says he's joking but found none.

"Tyler" she said in a whisper not knowing what else to do. He smirked and burst out laughing making her scowl

"Got ya. You should have seen your face. Priceless. Oh my God"

"You're so annoying" she hit his chest and he held her hand right there.

"But i love you" she scowled again and used her healthy leg to kick him making him flinch "where did you learn to kick like that?"

"Self defense classes" she beamed proudly. He shook his head and led her into the class.

"Have a seat" he helped her down just as Katherine ran in.

"Lyn, are you fine?" She asked "sorry I couldn't come earlier I was working on something"

"It's just a minor sprain. Tyler helped me"

"I'm your best friend. But it looks like Tyler's up to steal my position" she glared at him

"Trust me, I want more than that. I'll see you later, ladies" he walked away before they could comprehend what he meant.

****
Kaitlyn whipped her head to the door when it was carelessly flung open making the teacher scowl. Alfred leaned on the doorframe with an unbothered look and arms crossed across his chest.

"Yes, Smith?" He asked me when he said nothing but kept his eyes on Kaitlyn.

"I came to check up on Kaitlyn" he said, his expression not faltering. "Heard she got injured" the teacher turned to the girl in question.

"Kaitlyn?" She looked up "what happened to you?"

"A sprained ankle" Alfred answered "she fell off the stairs just a couple of minutes ago"

"Did you go see the nurse?" The teacher asked again.

"No, it's nothing serious" she answered, glaring at Alfred.

"I read somewhere she might suffer from a concussion if the fall was quite serious" Alfred continued. "I mean, we never know. She didn't go to the nurse after the little accident"

"Alfred is right. You need to go see the nurse" the teacher scolded. "It isn't just about your leg. You should get other places checked too" Alfred smirked and walked into the class, hands in his pants.

"Her grandmother might get the school sued if she gets a serious injury and wasn't allowed to go the nurse's" Alfred pointed out.

"She won't" Kaitlyn argued.

"Oh come on, we all know how your grandmother is. Worse than my mum"

"I think you should go with him to the nurse" the teacher suggested. "You can come back when she's confirmed that nothing is wrong with you"

"Fine" she mumbled and Alfred smiled softly.

"Let me help you" he said after watching her struggle to stand up. She gave him a curt nod and he proceeded to pick her up bridal style. "You're coming out with me" he whispered at her as they got the the door.