Chapter Thirty-Seven

They all looked at the blood gushing out of Drake's leg and Justin immediately stood up while Drake yelped in pain, applying pressure to the injured area. He glared at them as Kaitlyn held Justin back from him as he was searching for the gun which fell off his hand after he mistakenly shot his legs. She linked her arm with Troy's in fear as the cops entered. One of them shot Drake's arm as he tried aiming the gun at them again.

"Did you touch the gun?" Kaitlyn asked Justin

"No I was fighting for it when the idiot shot himself" He replied

"That's good" one of the cop said "we're going to be using it as evidence since it has his fingerprints"

"Thank you" Rafael said

"So the Diamond Vault is real" another of the cops said "And that's what he was here to steal"

"Yes he found the code" Justin confirmed. "And his father is in jail yet he is able to contact him"

"Who is his father?" The first cop asked

"We don't know" Kaitlyn answered and the cops turned to Drake

"I'm not saying a fucking thing" he said and the cop smiled

"It's okay. You're going to talk sooner or later" he turned to Kaitlyn "Ms Hernandez we'll be taking your statements"

"We'll be fine with that" Alfred said "we'll contact our lawyer then" the cop nodded and they dragged Drake away.

"I'm going to be back for you, Kaitlyn" Drake said with a malicious smile "trust me on that. You know I always keep to my words" she shivered at the coldness of his tone and his devilish grin "your countdown begins" her grip on Troy's arm tightened and Alfred bit his lip to avoid an outburst.

"Please just take him away" she pleaded as the cops continued with Drake. She slipped on the ground thinking what other malicious plan Drake had in store for her as Katherine held her to stop her from breaking down further.

****
Kaitlyn slammed her locker shut as she thought about what happened in the last one and a half week. Drake had been sentenced to 5 years imprisonment due to his mental health and drug addiction where He would spend most of his time in rehabilitation center.

They had practiced their answers to keep them short and to the point. Drake's father had been traced to San Diego jail and his sentence was increased with the aid of the recorded phone call. The video recording was used as one of the major evidences used to send Drake to jail. When asked why his words where slurry, the only answer they came up with was 'drugs'. Elizabeth was furious when she found her son involved in the scandal but he paid no attention to his mother.

The Campbells could care less lest Mr. Miller, who wasn't even in the country. The Monroes took down their daughter's name immediately the case was closed while Mrs. McKenna was proud of her son, Mr. McKenna however didn't approve his actions among the others he didn't like.

Lia found out two days after the incident and was furious Kaitlyn let Drake stay in her home without telling her. Her grandmother called her home and the case was diffused. All media platforms were asked to take it down and the action was done in less than twenty four hours.

"You have to be careful from now on" her grandmother warned "you should also see a therapist after all this. First your parent's death and now your attempted murder, it's all too much for you dear"

"I don't think I need one" Kaitlyn insisted

"I think your grandmother is right" Nico said "you need help" she shut her eyes to think about it.