You/Lena Luthor - Anorexia (Angst)

TW: Eating Disorder

Prompt by: user50906314

Everyone should've seen the warning signs. Lena had been showing them for months but no one truly paid attention to them as they just passed it off as Lena being too busy. You took it the worst. Had you not been preoccupied on traveling so much, you would've noticed the warning signs. Your sister had gone through the same thing and yet you still take notice.

Kara had called you from the hospital as Lena had been found passed out in her office. You wanted to ask her so many other questions but by the sounds of it, she was quite devastated. You told her to stay with Lena, despite knowing that she would stay with her best friend. You were on the other side of the country and the flight would take you at least half a day.

To distract yourself, you tried getting some work done but it was impossible to concentrate. Your thoughts kept drifting off to Lena. It made you physically ill to even work anymore. After all, working was what stopped you from seeing all the signs.

After what seemed like years, the plane arrived and you were driven to the hospital that Lena was currently in. There you found tons of reporters and photographers.

"Mrs. Luthor, where have you been?"

"What's going on with your wife?"

"Are the rumors true that she tried to kill herself?"

"Are you guys having marital problems?"

"Was Lena cheating on you with Catco's own reporter, Kara Danvers?"

Each question killed you. You so desperately wanted to punch each and everyone of them but Lena wouldn't have approved. You shook your head and headed inside. Lena was always the one handling the reporters whenever the two of you would go out.

You were escorted to the private wing, where you found Lena's friends minus Kara. They all gave you a hug and words of support. Their words just made you hate yourself even more. You were Lena's wife for godsake. You vowed to always be there for her. To protect her from the world and herself but you couldn't even do that.

Lena looked incredibly thin as you watched her from the window. You couldn't for the life of yourself remember the last time you've set foot in National City or even bothered to video call her.

Kara waved you in when she noticed you looking through the windows.

"How is she?"

You whispered to her after she had given you a hug.

"She's... The doctor said she's low on practically everything. Her heart is quite weak. Her head was hit when she passed out. The doctor doesn't think Lena's heart can deal with everything. He um. He felt it was best to put her in a medically induced coma. I tried calling you but the call wouldn't go. The doctors were unsure of what to do but then Lena's lawyer came in to say that I was the next person to decide about Lena's medical procedures. I didn't want to do anything without you but the doctor told me I needed to decide soon. I asked Alex about it and she recommended to do it."

Tears were spilling out as Kara continued talking. You brushed off her hand when she tried to comfort you. You didn't deserve being comforted because this had been your fault. Lena had talked to you about her anorexia but you brushed it off. Lena had said that she had been to therapy for it and had gotten better.

"I can leave if you'd like. I'm sure you want to have some alone time with her."

You took a seat besides Lena, taking her hand and interlacing her fingers with yours.