You/Lena Luthor - Paparazzi Part 3

TW: Death

Your funeral was small

Your funeral was small. The only ones in attendance were Kara and Lena. Kara held Lena as she watched them lower your casket.

"She had no one K..kara."

"She had you Lena."

Rather than say anything, Lena remained crying in Kara's arms. Eventually Kara led the two of them back to Lena's car. On the way back home, Lena remained quiet as she looked out the window.

"I killed her, you know. She trusted me to cure her and I killed her."

Kara turns to look at Lena. She reaches over to take Lena's hand but she pulls it back. Letting out a sigh, Kara turns to look out her window.

"You tried to give her a chance at a normal life."

"And I failed."

The rest of the car ride was silent.

X

Kara had done her best to be there for Lena but she was constantly pushed away. Lena refused to open up to her nor would she go out to talk to a therapist. Kara didn't want for Lena to go down this path but she was at a loss on what to do.

"I'm sorry Kara but you can't force your help on someone who doesn't want it."

"Alex, she's grieving. I can't just stay quiet."

Alex had wanted to turn Lena in to the authorities for testing on humans. If it hadn't been for Kara stepping in, Alex would've reported her. Lena was her friend but what she had done was wrong even if it was with good intentions. There was a reason why human experiments were considered inhumane.

"All I'm saying is that Lena needs to deal with this on her own. If you continue, she's going to continue bring you down. You've done everything you could to support her. All you can do now is wait for her to come to you."

X

Lena wasn't surprised to hear Kara breaking up with her. It had been a long time coming.

"I'll leave the key on the kitchen table." Lena continued staring the blank screen as she heard Kara moving around the apartment. "I think that's all of my things." Kara stands at the entrance of the apartment to look at Lena, waiting for her to acknowledge what was going on. "If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call me."

As Kara closes the door behind her, Lena finally lets her tears spill. Kara could hear them and as tempted to go back. If Alex hadn't accompanied her, she would've gone back in the apartment.

"No, Kara. You can't keep being Lena's emotional support. She's sucking the life out of you and isn't even batting an eye."

The two sisters returned back to Kara's old apartment.

X

"How long are you going to continue your pity party?"

Alex asks when she barges into Lena's office. It had been a couple of weeks since Kara left and Lena hadn't done anything to improve. If the breakup hadn't worked, it was time for some though love.

"Pardon?"

"You killed someone and you need to come to terms with it Lena. You can't continue like this. Kara told me that the girl idolized you. The last thing she would've wanted was for you to turn out like this. Get professional help before you lose everyone you love." Before she leaves, Alex tosses Lena a business card. "Give her a call. She'll keep quiet about everything."

When Alex leaves, Lena picks up the card to read it.

'Kelly Olsen, 000-000-0000, Psychologist.'

X

It had taken her months to make improvements. There were some days that were hard but Lena was finally working on herself.

'I've been working on this device to help detect mental illnesses that could occur at a later time in someone's life. I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten you nor do I blame you for what happened. You had gone too long without going treated. I'm making it my personal mission that it never happens again. L-Corp is starting organizations that focuses on providing therapy for those who can't afford it." Lena sighs and places the flowers on the vase of your tomb. "I just wish that I could've helped you too."

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Lena Luthor - Service

Lena Luthor - Life Part 2

Lena Luthor - Comfort

Morgana Pendragon - Together

-----------    

Thank you!