You/Lena Luthor - Soundtrack (Angst)

Lena should've known that something was wrong the minute that she had stepped into your shared apartment

Lena should've known that something was wrong the minute that she had stepped into your shared apartment. You had a habit of always greeting her when she arrived and you were nowhere in sight.

She dropped her things to the side and checked her phone for any messages of you. When she finds nothing, she decides to call you. Lena knows something is wrong when the phone goes straight to voicemail. She's beginning to worry, already thinking the worst of what could've happened.

"Lena? Is everything okay?"

"I'm sorry for calling so late Kara but (y/n) is missing. She wasn't home when I arrived and my calls go straight to voicemail."

"Don't apologize Lena. I'll let Alex know and then I'll start a search around the city. If I found something. I'll let you know."

The two of them hang up and Lena's left to wait. The wait only lasts for a minute before she makes her way to her office and begins using every L-Corp resource to track you down. If her mother had anything with your disappearance, there was going to be hell to pay.

X

There was no news of you throughout the night. Kara couldn't find you anywhere in the city and Alex had already alerted every officer to be on the lookout for you. Lena's getting desperate as the hours pass by with no news. She would never forgive herself if something happened to you.

Her search is interrupted by a knock at the door. Thinking that it was Alex with news of you, Lena hurries to answer the door. When she opens the door, she's surprised to find the other side empty. Just as she's about to close the door, she spots a letter in the corner of her eye. She looks down to find it was addressed to her. For a moment, she thinks it's another assassination attempt with anthrax but finds herself in the wrong when she sees realizes it's your handwriting.

She slams the door shut and immediately opens the letter.

Lena,

I apologize for being a coward. You don't deserve this. Sending this letter was never my intention but like I said, I'm a coward. I'm breaking up with you...

Tears begin to form in Lena's eyes. She couldn't believe what she was reading. You breaking up with her had been the last thing on her mind.

The truth is, I was never in love with you. My father forced me to build a relationship with you so he could grow his connections. His plan eventually ended up working but at the expense of us. I had always carried this guilt since we started dating and it eventually took a tool on me. I truly attempted to fall for you but my heart had always belonged to a girl I met in college. She's the one that made me realize that I needed to stop doing things to please my father. That included telling you the truth. As you're reading this, I'm already halfway through the country where you'll never see or hear of me again. I cleared out my things so you won't have to deal with any of that. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but I'm truly sorry for letting this lie go on to long. I truly hope that you find someone that loves you as much as you love them.

Lena hated herself for being unable to stop crying. Her heart felt like it had been ripped out and stomped on. It hurt than any physical injury she had ever obtained during the various assassination attempts.

"Hey...."

"She..she's gone, Kara."

The call is disconnected and there's a sudden gust of wind when Kara arrives a second later. Kara holds Lena, whispering words of comfort to help her calm down.

When Lena eventually falls asleep, Kara is already thinking of ways of tracking you down and fulfilling her promise that she made to you if you ever hurt Lena.

X

"Ms. Luthor, Mr. (last name) is on call again."

Even hearing your last name hurt. It had been months since you left her and she still hadn't been able to get over you. She wanted to hate you but she just couldn't find it in her heart. Despite her feelings being played with, you had only done it to gain your father's approval. You had been an amazing girlfriend despite not being in love with her.

"Pass him through."

Lena waits for a couple of seconds as she takes several deep breaths before answering the phone.

"Ms. Luthor! You're a very difficult person to..."

"Mr. (last name), I advise that you stop contacting me. You should be grateful that I'm not pursuing legal action after your continued harassment of me and my staff. Your daughter and I broke up, there's no reason for us to maintain any contact. Please stop harassing my secretary, Mr. (last name)."

Your father didn't get a word in before Lena ended the call. As she does, she lets herself fall back on her chair to think about you. She hoped the guilt still overwhelmed you and that her name reminded you of what you had done. She wouldn't pull a Luthor on you as much as she was tempted to do so but she could still hope that you would never overcome your guilt.

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Saskia de Merindol - Care (Angst)

Lena Luthor - Day

-----------    

Thank you!