You/Lena Luthor - Promises

AN: You have no idea how tempted I was to make this an angst imagine

(15 years ago)

"Will you be my future wife, Lena Luthor?"

Lena laughed as you got on one knee and presented her the piece of grass.

"(y/n), do you have any idea how much I'm worth? I think I deserve more than a piece of grass."

You gasp before quickly nodding.

"You're right, baby! You deserve the very best. One second."

You grab your bag and rummage through it in search of the perfect ring. Lena attempts to peak but you use your body to shield the mess in your bag.

"I was kidding! Of course, I'll be your wife."

She tells you after you take so long searching for who knows what.

"No! Just give me a second. I know that it's here....Aha! I knew it was here." There's the sound of you opening a wrapper and then you present her the Ring Pop you had been saving for later in the day. "I was saving this for a special occasion and I think this is perfect. So what do you say? Will you be my wife if neither of us are married by the age of 30?"

Lena holds out her hand and you slide the ring in her ring finger.

"I do, you idiot."

Happy with her answer, you jump up and pull her in for a hug.

X

(Present)

You cursed silently as you attempt to arrange the flowers perfectly. The woman who had made the bouquet had done it exactly as you asked but you ended up dropping them. As you picked it up, you noticed the the flowers weren't as perfect as you liked. If you headed back to the flower shop, you weren't going to make it to the appointment you had with Lena. With no other choice, you make your way inside L-Corp and head for the elevator after security cleared you.

Arriving at the designated floor, you're greeted by her secretary.

"You must be Ms. (l/n). Ms. Luthor is waiting for you."

You give her a smile and thank her as she holds the door open for you.

X

Lena's back is facing you as you arrive. She's on the phone talking to someone and you're grateful for the interruption as you take the time to calm your nerves. It's been years since the two of you had spoke a word to each other because of your busy schedules. You often wanted to reach out but chickened out before you could even press the call button.

The longer Lena was on the phone, the more you kept thinking about how this had been a mistake. Friendships outgrew each other. Lena outgrew you and it was silly to suddenly come back because of a stupid promise that the two of you had made over 15 years.

Before Lena hung up, you hurried to leave. You could just leave and pretend that nothing happened.

"I'm sorry about that. I just had to take care of this....." She trails off when she turns around to find you with one foot out the door. She frowns, unsure of why you were leaving without even saying a word. "Leaving so soon, (y/n)?"

You tense up when you hear her say your name. You didn't think she remembered you. You turn around while holding on to the flowers behind your back.

"I..it's that you were busy and I didn't want to bother you. You probably have more important things to take care of. I can just come back another day...."

You continued to ramble on as she kept walking closer to you. Even after years apart, she still made your nervous.

"I cleared my day for you, (y/n). I want you to stay."

"Are you sure? I'm on vacation so I really don't have anything to do? I can come back another day..."

She takes your hand a pulls you back into her office.

"But I want to spend my birthday with you, (y/n). I've been waiting for this day since the year began. I was planning on reaching out but I was pleasantly surprised when my secretary told me about a Ms. (l/n) wanting to schedule an appointment with me."

She pulled you into a hug, and let out a sigh of content when you wrapped your arms around her. You still made her feel safe after so long. She hated herself for letting the distance get between the two of you but now you were back and she wasn't going to let a repeat of it happen.

"Happy birthday, Lena."

X

The two of you didn't marry right away. After learning that you were moving to National City, Lena spent the majority of her time with you to make up for the time that you had lost. Things were never awkward, it was like the two of you had never stopped talking. It didn't take long for the two of you to make things official after you confessed that you've loved her since high school.

On your 1st anniversary, you proposed with a ring you designed to have the same colored diamond as the Ring Pop you had given her.

"I do, you idiot."

You gave her your widest of smiles before pulling her in for a deep kiss.

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Saskia de Merindol - Part 3 //maybe

Lena Luthor - Part 2 //katya

Lena Luthor - Paparazzi Part 2

Lena Luthor - Rocket Science

Morgana Pendragon - Hidden

Lena Luthor - Life

Morgana Pendragon - Capture

-----------    

Thank you!