You/Elizabeth Carruthers - Sabotage

AN: Honestly, just skipped everything but the Katie scenes so everyone might be OOC

You watched your best friend, Clenna, pace up and down the room as she kept mumbling something about Elizabeth

You watched your best friend, Clenna, pace up and down the room as she kept mumbling something about Elizabeth. You tried to decipher what she was saying but she kept her voice low enough for you to not be able to hear a thing.

"Clenna, I can't help you out if you don't speak up. What's going on? Why are you being like this?"

Clenna stops her pacing to turn around and face you.

"It's that damn woman! She's trying to ruin me! I heard she wants to accused me of sabotaging her company when I haven't even done anything. I'm innocent. I don't know why she thinks I did it."

"Alright. Lets be smart about this. Here, take a seat while I prepare you some tea."

"I don't need tea! What I need is to figure out a way to clear my name. If that woman accuses me of sabotage then it's all over for me. I'll get sent to prison or worse, killed!"

You took her hand and gently pushed her to the open seat. You cupped her cheeks and forced her to look up at you.

"Listen to me. I'm not going to let that happen. I'll figure something out. For now, just keep your head down."

"And what are you going to do?"

"That's none of your concern Clenna. Have I ever let you down?"

"Well no but.."

"But nothing. Just do what I tell you and I'm sure this will all get resolved without any unnecessary deaths."

Clenna sighs and lets her head fall on the table with a loud thud.

"I guess that I have no choice but to listen to you. Just be careful."

X

You groaned loudly as you let your back land on the bed. You weren't sure how you were going to be able to help Clenna other than to talk to Elizabeth to clear her name. You didn't want to do it because of how intimidating that woman could be but you had no choice. If you wanted your friend to continue being free, you had to talk to Elizabeth.

X

Elizabeth stared at you, a little amused to see that you had clearly stepped out of your comfort zone to help a friend.

"You say that Clenna is innocent, then what proof do you have of her innocence?"

"I know her. Clenna would not do any of the things that you're accusing her of. She's been to jail and..."

"Stop." She smiles when you listen. "You claim that she's innocent and yet you don't bring any evidence. All you have is your word. That's not going to clear her."

"Mrs. Carruthers..."

"Elizabeth."

She corrects you. You apologize and continue talking.

"Elizabeth, Clenna is innocent. If I could, I would bet my life on it..."

"Okay. If it turns out that Clenna isn't so innocent, then I'll have you work for me instead. You'll devote yourself to me and only me. Do we have a deal?"

You didn't even hesitate to take the deal. All that mattered was that she didn't accused Clenna of sabotage and that's what you got.

"Yes. You have a deal."

X

Not even a week after making the deal with Elizabeth, you discovered Clenna's activities of double crossing her. You didn't want to believe it but the proof laid in the papers that she had accidentally left out. After much deliberation, you grabbed the papers and made your way to Elizabeth's mansion. Clenna had lied to you. Made you think that she had given up her old life but she was just the same. Even after telling her about the deal that you had made with Elizabeth, she didn't reveal what she had been hiding.

The workers of the house took some convincing before letting you in. Elizabeth comes down from her room after a couple of minutes.

"(y/n), what are you doing here? It's dangerous to be walking alone in the dark."

"Forgive me, Elizabeth but I had to tell you about Clenna's betrayal."

She raised her eyebrow at you, surprised that you had come to tell her about it. From the deal that the two of you had made, it seemed like you were both close friends.

"So it's true, Clenna planned to sabotage me."

"I'm sorry Elizabeth. I truly believed that she had changed but she hasn't. She lied to me."

You hand her the papers you found and wait for her to read them over.

"I see. Well thank you for letting me know. I suppose that our deal is off."

"Why? I had promised to work for you."

"You gave me this evidence that will make her arrest much easier. I can't in good conscience continue with out deal." You weren't sure why but you felt a little disappointed about it. Elizabeth smiles when she sees the hint of disappoint in your eyes. You had piqued her interest. Rather than having you as a worker, she wanted to have you as a lover. "Instead, how about I treat you for dinner. As a thank you for what you did."

"I'd love to join you for dinner then."

Her smile widens at your acceptance. She wraps her arms around you and pulls you in for a hug.

"I could also thank you in other ways if you're interested..."

She whispers in your ear. Unable to say anything, all you can do is nod eagerly. Elizabeth laughs as she takes your hand and leads you upstairs to give you a proper thank you.