You/Saskia de Merindol - Repeat Part 1

You were surprised to find that Saskia was still at the restaurant after being late 45 minutes

You were surprised to find that Saskia was still at the restaurant after being late 45 minutes. You had let her know you were going to be late when you clocked out but never got a response. You also tried to call but she didn't answer. You figured it couldn't hurt to try to restaurant so you rushed to catch her.

"I'm so sorry! Surgery ran a little longer than scheduled."

Saskia shakes her head and motions for you to take a seat.

"There's nothing for you to be sorry about. I can't exactly be mad about you being late because you were saving someone."

You give her a grateful smile as you take a sip of the wine she must've ordered for you. The waiter makes his way over and the two of you are quick to order.

X

Saskia was a bundle of nerves as she tried to work up the courage to finally ask you out. You didn't seem to notice her unusual mood and for that she was grateful. She knew she would come up with a lie and never end up telling you.

Seeing that you were close to finishing, Saskia figured it was now or never. Taking a deep breath, she set her fork down and looked at you.

"Listen, (y/n) I've been wanting to..."

Before you have a chance to even look up, your pager beeps.

"Just a second." You pull out your pager and quickly read through the message. "I'm so sorry! I have to go."

You grab your bag and pull out your wallet to pay for the meal.

"Don't worry about it. I got it."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to think I'm using you for your money."

Saskia laughs and nod.

"I'm sure. Go on. I'll see you later."

When you leave, Saskia's smile falls off. She was disappointed that she hadn't been able to you her question. With a sigh, she calls the waiter over to pay the bill and head home.

X

Your assistant raised her brow when she saw your phone light up for the millionth time in the day. You hardly ever got any notifications so it made her wonder who was making your phone blow up.

"You're not going to answer them?"

"Answer who?"

"Whoever that is. You never get these many calls or messages."

You sigh and turn your chair to face her.

"Marissa, I don't remember when I said it was okay for you to get in my business."

"I'm your assistant. I'm supposed to be in your business so tell me what's going on. Do I have to worry about any crazy exes coming in here?"

You groaned loudly as you let your head fall back on the chair. You should've known that someone as nosey as her wouldn't leave it alone.

"No. She's not crazy. She's just worried"

"And why is she worried."

"Marissa, you have paperwork to do. I don't pay you to..."

She rolls her eyes and tosses some files on your desk.

"All done. So don't start with that bullshit. You pay me to assist you and this is me assisting you in your love life."

"We need to establish some boundaries, Marissa." Marissa grabs your phone and begins to scroll through your messages. "Marissa! Give me my phone!" You tried to reach for it but she kept putting it out of your reach. "Marissa! Don't make me fire you!"

You continue your attempts but you're unsuccessful.

"That poor girl! She's worried sick about you and you're just ignoring her messages?"

"It's complicated!"

She narrows her eyes at you.

"Explain yourself."

"I don't have to explain myself. This is my private life, Marissa."

Marissa crosses her arms across her chest and stares down at you.

"Explain yourself or I walk out and search for another job."

You really hated how she took advantage of the fact that you once told her that you couldn't function without her assistance.

"Fine! God. You're so annoying. I asked her out a few months ago but she turned me down. Rather than stop talking, we just continued to fuck here and there. The months pass and then last week she invited me to this fancy restaurant out of nowhere. I get there and just before I leave, she's about to ask me a question but then I got paged and left. After that, I just ghosted her."

"You just ghost her after the date?"

"She was going to officially ask me out!" She grabs your newspaper and rolls it up to hit the top of your head. "Ow! What the hell, Marissa?"

"You're fucking stupid. Don't you want to date her? Why are you ignoring her?"

You rub the spot she hit as you explained yourself.

"These few months has made me realize that we couldn't work out. I'm constantly on call, I spend more time in the hospital than my own home, I only have a day off and I usually spend it sleeping the entire day. I'll be a terrible girlfriend. It also doesn't help that she's a lawyer. We both work long hours. Whenever we wanted to spend the night together, we had to plan weeks ahead to make sure we would have time."

Marissa sighs, suddenly feeling bad for how she reacted.

"If you really want to be with her, then I'm sure you can make it work. You can cut back your hours. Pass patients over to others or take less surgeries."

"I can't do that, Marissa. My patients get recommended to me because of what I specialize in. If I turn them down, it might take them weeks to find someone else and by then, it might be too late for them."

Marissa sits down on your couch and pats the spot besides you.

"Then let her know."

X

Saskia was just about to send you another message when she received yours.

'I know what you were going to ask me at the restaurant. Instead of giving your an answer, I ignored your messages and I'm sorry. I just didn't want to hurt you. I don't think we can work out, Saskia. I'm sorry.'

Rather than cry about your message, Saskia deleted your text conversation and focused on her work. If she was busy, she wouldn't have time to think about how upsetting it was to read your message.

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Lena Luthor - Switch

-----------    

Thank you!