You/Saskia de Merindol - Lies

Saskia hated you

Saskia hated you. She couldn't understand how Olivia and Alex didn't find you annoying to stop hanging out with you. She figured it probably had to do with the fact that you only seemed to enjoy pissing her off for some reason.

"Monogomy might be the social norm but it's not natural."

"Like if there's anything natural about you, Saskia."

Everyone quiets down after your comment. Olivia silently begged for you to not start another fight with Saskia but you ignored her. Her comment had struck a nerve.

"What the fuck is your problem with me, (y/n)? You never seem to say your stupid comments to anyone else. So why me?" You hadn't expected for her to react like this. Lately, she would just roll her eyes at you and continue her conversation just to avoid arguing with you. With everyone staring at you, you didn't know what to say. "This is a first. You never seem to run out of comments. Did I really scare you that bad?"

You don't say anything to her, simply just flip her off and excuse yourself from the table to go outside.

X

"Why am I the bad guy here? Did you not hear what she was saying?"

"Saskia, for someone so smart, I can't believe you haven't caught on."

"What? What are you saying, Olivia? I don't have time for your riddles."

Olivia sighs as she looks out the window to see you crying.

"All I'm saying is that you at least hear her out."

"Why should I? She's been nothing but an asshole since we met. I'm not the one that needs to apologize."

"Saskia, I'm not saying to go out there an apologize. Just talk to her."

"Fine but if she insults me once, I'm leaving and you'll owe me wine for years."

"Since when do you pay for wine?"

"I'm just making sure that you don't start charging me."

Oliva laughs and gently pushes Saskia in your directions.

"Just go."

X

You turn around when you hear the door open. When you see that it's Saskia, you quickly wipe away your tears.

"What do you want?"

"I'm not an asshole like you. When I see someone crying, I at least attempt to comfort them."

You scoff as you take a large sip of your beer.

"Well I don't deserve being comforted. I haven't been the nicest person to you."

"I'm sure you had your reasons. I'm here to listen to them.'

Saskia wanted to say something else but she didn't want to provoke you. It was a miracle that you hadn't immediately insulted you so she considered it a step forward.

"Your comment struck a nerve. I was in a relationship for years were they constantly cheated on me. I forgave them every time in hopes that they would eventually stop doing it but they never did. I truly thought that they were going to be the one I married because I was so in love with them but I had to come to the cruel realization that they didn't feel the same about me."

Saskia pulls out a cigarette and holds out the box for you.

"It'll help you feel calm."

You grab one and take a long drag, immediately feeling much calmer as the smoke filled your lungs.

"Thanks. Anyways, after spending years of being cheated on, I broke up with them. Left the city and never looked back."

"Well they fucked up."

"Please, they cheated on me for a reason. I'm not that great. I think that's why I was wiling to forgive them. I knew that I wouldn't be able to find someone else after them."

"Then you're an idiot. Despite how rude you've been to me, you're an amazing person. I can see how much you care for Olivia and Alex."

"...I care about you too."

You admit after another particular long drag.

"You don't have to lie. I know you don't really like me and that's okay. We can consider tonight as a truce."

You weren't sure if it had been the nicotine or the alcohol messing with your head but you decided to be honest for once.

"It's actually not. I actually care about you, Saskia. I was only mean to you because I didn't want to end up getting hurt. I like you..."

"As in you want to fuck me...."

You feel your cheeks heat up at her comment.

"You could've also said kiss..."

"Darling, you know me. You know how vulgar I like to be."

She throws away the butt of the cigarette and makes her way over to straddle your lap. Taking what was left of your cigarette, she takes a long drag before also throwing away yours. With your eyes closed, Saskia smiles and leans in to kiss you.

"I happen to like you too. As in I want to fuck you, kiss you, and do all that romantic shit you do in a relationship."

It was odd for Saskia to admit it but you figured it also must've been the alcohol or nicotine for her to be so honest.

"I didn't think you did relationships."

"I didn't think you did either and yet you want to be in one with me."

"I'm willing to try."

"Then so am I."