You/Saskia de Merindol - Care (Angst)

Saskia was speaking to you clearly but you couldn't hear a thing

Saskia was speaking to you clearly but you couldn't hear a thing. You were still stuck on the fact that she just wanted to end things. You thought everything was going well.

"Did I do something?"

"...." She stops talking at your interruption. You could see she was annoyed by either the interruption or the fact that you weren't paying attention. "We had our fun and I think we should just go our separate ways."

"So I did do something wrong then?"

You watch as she pinches the bridge of her nose and takes a couple of deep breaths to what you assume is to calm down.

"Yes. Yes, you did. You're getting clingy and it's getting annoying. I told you that I didn't want any feelings involved in this. I live a busy life and I don't want to invest my time in something that isn't worth it...."

"Okay. I understand."

You cut her off before her words continue to stab at your heart. You really liked Saskia and you assumed she did too. To hear her say that you were a waste a time hurt a lot.

"Good. I should probably go. I already paid for the room so feel free to stay."

You hear her get out the bed and hurry to change into her clothes. The entire time she's grabbing her things, you remain buried under the comforter. Just as the door closes, you start to cry. It was stupid to cry over someone that didn't feel a thing for you but you just couldn't stop the tears from spilling.

X

Saskia was genuinely surprised that you never tried to contact her again after that night. After the two of you spent the night, you always bombarder her phone with messages or calls to the point that she had to limit you to an amount. She wasn't sure if she was happy or a little upset that you hadn't contacted her.

She wanted to text you and see if everything was alright but decided against it when she realized it would be a dumb idea. She had ended things with you so there was no reason for either of you to contact each other.

Saskia would be lying to herself if she said that she didn't miss your annoying messages to ask if she had eaten or the lunches and flowers you would sent when she answered with a 'not yet.'

Not wanting to dwell on the past, she forced herself to work to distract her mind from you.

X

It was hard for you to get over Saskia. Everything reminded you of her so you had to get away. You took a week off and spent it with your friends that kept insisting you just needed to find someone else to help you move on. You refused any of their attempts to set you up with someone but eventually agreed to shut them up. You were reluctant to go but they all forced you to go.

The beginning of the date was awkward. You didn't know what to say and the woman looked uncomfortable. If it hadn't been for the waiter breaking the silence, the date would've gone bad. The two of you both opened up to each other and realized you had a lot of common. You genuinely enjoyed your time with her and ended up leaving the waiter a huge tip for their help with your date.

Since then, you've gone one several dates. Dates that you didn't force her to go on and she even invited you to go out. The relationship wasn't one-sided like it was with Saskia and it was making you realize how bad the 'relationship was. It didn't take long for Saskia to stop being a painful reminder.

X

Saskia was out with her friends when she spotted you at a bar with your friends. She didn't mean to stare but she couldn't help it as she watched you laugh in the arms of someone.

"They started dating a few months back."

Melanie tells her when she notices Saskia staring. Olivia stops talking and turns around to see what the two of them were talking about. The two friends had a knowing smile when they turned back to Saskia frowning.

"I didn't care then. I don't care now."

"Doesn't look like it."

Melanie whispers before taking a sip of her drink. Saskia rolls her eyes at her and doesn't bother to answer her. She didn't care if you were happy. You were annoying a clingy. Now you were some else's problem.

X

"Isn't that your ex?"

You turn around to where your friend was pointing at. You didn't think it was going to be Saskia but it was. You gave her a smile when your eyes met. You were surprised to see her return it.

"Huh, small world. It was. We broke up almost a year ago."

You smile as your girlfriend as she gives you a quick kiss.

"I'm glad the two of you broke up."

"So a I."

X

Saskia swirled her cup to watch the liquid move around. She wasn't sure what number of cups she was on and it didn't matter. She needed to forget seeing you happy with someone else. She had been the one to ruin things and it was too later to do anything about it. She was a lot of things but she wasn't cruel. You were genuinely happy so there was no reason for her to ruin your happiness.

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Lena Luthor - Day

-----------    

Thank you!