You/Saskia De Merindol - Repeat Part 2

You're reading one of your patients files when your door is suddenly slammed open

You're reading one of your patients files when your door is suddenly slammed open. Startled, the papers fly off your hands and you turn around to glare at the person who interrupted your silence.

"Marissa! What..."

"No time! You can lecture me later, you need to come with me now!"

You've never seen her in such a hurry so you hurried to follow after her. She makes a serious of turns down the hallways until she arrives at the ER.

"Marissa, what is going on? Why are we here? You're scaring me."

She checks the small window through the door and then moves back so you could look through it.

"I don't know what's going on but your ex is here."

You check through the window and sure enough, Saskia is there along with Olivia and Melanie. Worried about them, you walk past the doors to make your way over to them with Marissa following close behind.

You awkwardly stood there, unsure of what to say until Marissa cleared her throat to catch their attention.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?"

"Uh..I..."

Marissa rolls her eyes as you stumble through your words. It was a little embarrassing that you didn't know how to act like an adult when you were standing in front of an ex.

"Dr. (l/n) will be performing the appendectomy."

Seeing the look of surprise in your face made Saskia doubt that you had a clue about what was going on.

"She'll be performing the surgery? But I thought she specialized in..."

"She's a general surgeon! She might specialize in certain surgeries but she can do it. She's not a triple board certified surgeon for nothing."

You nod, decided to take over the conversation.

"I'll be performing the surgery." You look between the three of them, giving them a reassuring smile. "If you'll excuse, I need to prepare."

"Can I talk to you when it's over?"

Saskia says as you turn around to head back to your office.

"I'll come find you when I'm done."

You tell her without turning around, worried that she'll see how nervous she made you.

X

Performing the surgery helped take your mind off of what was to come. You finished a little too quickly and even stayed behind to put on the stitches. You take your time to remove your gear and then head to Daisy's room.

"Everything went smoothly. Daisy will be coming back in a few minutes. She'll be able to go back home within a day or two depending on her recovery. The nurse will go over how to take care of her at home. If you have any questions, feel free to call my private number." Melanie thanks you and the focuses her attention on Daisy as she's being brought in. You're left alone with Saskia as Olivia joins Melanie.

"I'll come find you in a minute. I just need to be here when she wakes up."

You nod and excuse yourself from the room.

X

You're thankfully alone when Saskia knocks at your door an hour later. You let her in and join her on the couch.

"So uh...you wanted to talk?"

"I just wanted to say that things don't have to get awkward between us. We were friends before we started dating."

"But I..."

"No buts, (y/n). I admit that I was a little upset that you turned me down but I'm over it. Maybe it was a good thing that you turned me down. Maybe we're just better off as friends/stress relievers."

"Olivia and Melanie don't know what happened?"

"I kept quiet about it. I didn't want them to hate you for having a reasonable excuse. They just think that you've been really busy with your certifications and so on. If you want to pretend that date never happened then I'm okay with that too."

"Are you sure, Saskia?"

"I wouldn't be saying it if I wasn't sure."

The two of you laugh, making you feel less tense. You had to admit that it was nice to be around her again.

"I'd like that. I really missed the three of you."

Saskia stands up and you stood up with her.

"They might not say it but they missed you too. I should get going, I told them that I was going to bring them lunch. You should pay Daisy a visit, she wants to see her aunt."

"I will. As soon as my shift is over."

The two of you attempt to give each other a hug but it just becomes awkward when neither of you can hug each other properly. Eventually you just settle to wave each other goodbye.

"That was painful to listen."

Marissa says as she steps out of the closet, scaring you yet again.

"Marissa, what the hell?!"

"I had to make sure you didn't say something stupid. I don't know why that girl insists on being friends with you, if I was her, I would've cut you off when you turned me down."

"That's rude."

"That's the cruel reality. Maybe she hopes you change your mind later on. You know what, I see what she's doing. Good for her. With the cash you bring in every month, I would also give you plenty of chances. Just imagine the kind of money the two of you will be making in a year." She whistles loudly as she thinks of a rough estimate. "Are you adopting?"

"I swear to god, Marissa. I'm going to fire your ass."

She gives you a grin and makes her way to her desk.

"You wouldn't. You'll miss my jokes too much."

"I hate you."

"Love you too, doc."