You/Lena Luthor - Abandoned (Angst)

Prompt by: MachoNachoKennedy

Jess is glaring at you the entire time you've been waiting in Lena's waiting room. You tried not to think about how you used to just be let in whenever. It brought back so many memories and you just pushed them aside. What was done, was done. You're here to make things right again.

"You can go in."

You flinch at her cold tone but nonetheless, thank her.

"I wouldn't have even let you in."

She mutters softly but you're still able to hear everything.

Standing up, you head to the door leading to Lena's office. Your hand is currently holding on the door handle as you're suddenly doubting why you had even come back.

"I knew you were a coward."

Jess' words give you the push to go in.

As you walk in, Lena doesn't even bother to look up. She's still filling out some paperwork when you take a seat in front of her.

"Why are you here?"

She asks, cutting the silence in the room. Her tone is much colder than you remembered.

"I..I just wanted to make sure everything was okay."

Lena lets a sarcastic laugh. It makes you feel so small. It's a completely different feeling to the earlier years. Her laugh would always brighten up your day.

She pulls out a bottle of whiskey, pouring herself a big amount of the liquid. Lena takes a big sip of the glass, needing some alcohol in her system to deal with you.

"Oh. So now you want to talk about things being okay? Let me see.." She takes another big sip, finishing the entire glass of it. "Your.. sorry. I mean my twins are okay, I guess. One is a national champion in chess and the other one is a black belt in TaeKwonDo. I think they are doing more than okay. The only reason why is because I didn't tell them that their mother left them because she didn't want them anymore. I told them you died in a plane crash."

Lena never had the heart to tell them that the grave they would visit on your 'death anniversary' was empty. She knew it would bite her in the ass but it was better for them that they didn't know that you had abandoned them.

"You lied to them?"

Lena again laughs sarcastically. Shaking her head in disbelief at you question.

"That's your question? Not how they are doing? Where are they or anything else? I lied to protect them. I lied to protect them from you."

"Lena, I..."

"I didn't tell them that you ran away or that you treated them like trash. I told them that you had died because the day you left us, you were dead to me."

She presses a button to call security.

"How's that for okay?"

Her door is opened and in walk in 2 large men.

"Now get out. I never want to see you again. I don't want you near my children and if I find out that you're trying to connect with them, I'm going to make hell rain upon you."