The Rings

Alexander's POV

I blinked lazily as I stretched. Cassidy was snuggled into my side, he snuffled when I moved but otherwise didn't stir. I looked at the window, the sky was dotted with clouds and a light breeze caressed the skin on our torsos which weren't covered by the sheets. Today is a good day. Perfect for getting Cass an engagement ring.

As stealthily as possible, I slipped from underneath his weight and got dressed to find the perfect ring. I grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down the details of what I had in mind. There was no time for breakfast, I wanted to surprise Cassidy.

I snuck out of the house and made my way towards the town centre where I thought I had seen a goldsmith the other day. I was right. The smith was just opening up for the day as I turned the corner.

He was shorter than me, as most people are and looked middle age. He seemed fit, probably because of his job. A pair of spectacles perched on the bridge of his nose. He looked up as I approached.

"How can I help you, young man?" He asked.

"Hi, I'm looking to custom make an engagement ring. Do you think you can help me?" I asked. Thinking about it made my cheek pink.

He nodded and smiled kindly at my nerves, "What do you have in mind?"

I handed him the slip of paper I scribbled on earlier.

His eyebrows rose. "Werewolf?"

I gaped at him. "How did you know?"

"The engraving you want. Only werewolves ask for that. It means a lot to them."

"Oh." I blushed. "Well, can you have it done by today?"

"Sorry son, I have other customers waiting for their orders too."

I frowned. "I'll pay double. Triple if you do it now. Please, I need this."

He nodded. "Alright, I suppose I can push back the other orders a little."

Yes! I sighed in relief and beamed. "Thank you."