Epilogue: First Born

Cassidy's POV

My stomach churned and I woke up in cold sweat. That was the third time this week. I got up and scrambled for the toilet, emptying the meagre contents of my stomach. It was terrible.

"Cass, are you alright?" my husband asked in concern.

"I'm fine," I gasped as the heaving petered out. I gargled and climbed back into bed. "I just need more sleep," I muttered.

"You know you have to see a healer now, right? You promised you would after the third time." Alex said with a frown.

"Yes, alright. I'll do it later," I brushed him off. "I'm going back to bed."

~

As promised, I took myself to see the healer and Alex accompanied me very doggedly.

"You're four weeks pregnant," Healer Marshall said as he removed his spectacles.

"I—We are?" Alex asked wide-eyed.

"Yes, your Highness," he replied patiently.

"It finally happened," my husband whispered, already teary and blotchy. "And after two years!" he cried.

"Yes, darling," I took his hand. "We are going to be parents."

The healer smiled kindly. "Congratulations, your Highnesses."

~

About eight wonderful moons that Alex and I had spent preparing for the birth later, I was lying in our bed, yelling at the contractions.

"Alex!" I screamed. "You did this to me," I snarled. I was sweating all over and unattractively red as a tomato.

"Yes, my love." He held my hand.

Another contraction had me wailing in agony.

"Don't you get smart with me," I panted and crushed his fingers at another wave. The contractions were coming in so quickly now.

"My apologies, Sweetheart," he muttered, choking down a wince for his squashed hand.

"You—oh!" I cried out. "This is all because of your face," I lamented. "Your ridiculously handsome, perfect face. And your unnaturally gorgeous body. And your stupid magic cock. Oh, gods!" I screamed at yet another muscle cramping.

"I understand, my Love." He brushed the hair from my sweaty forehead.

"Oh—Alex, I can't do it," I sobbed. "I can't have sex with you again. I can't. Not even if you were King."

"Yes, Sweetheart."

"You're almost there, your Highness," the midwife called over my yelling. "One more push and there," she said. "It's a boy," your Highnesses.

A baby's sharp cry filled the air. I moaned at the residual pain. "Is it over?"

She brought the babe over to me. "Here you are," she smiled. "Say 'hello' to your son."

Alex kissed my damp hair. I reached for my baby. His face was all squashed like newborns always were. There was a tuft of red hair on his head. He was perfect. I touched his tiny hand and smiled tiredly. Alex nuzzled his cheek, scenting the latest addition to our family.

"Damien Micah Kanight," my husband murmured.

"Perfect," I breathed.

Alex wrapped an arm around me and kissed my forehead. I snuggled into his side and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Alex," I whispered. "I didn't mean what I said just now."

He huffed out a tiny chuckle. "I know, Sweetheart."

"I still want to have sex with you," I told him.

"And my stupid magic cock?" he laughed quietly.

"Yes, your stupid magic cock." I rolled my eyes. "I know that was hard, but I want more children so Damien can have siblings too."

"Anything you want, Love." He huffed lightly.

"I love you," I mumbled sleepily.

"I love you too." He whispered softly in my ear."